MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Loomies Closing - 26 October 2014

Loomies Closing - 26 October 2014 - Forums [Biker Match] Loomies Closing - 26 October 2014 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Loomies Closing - 26 October 2014

Many of you may already have heard the news that Sunday 26 October 2014 is the last day that Jane and Leon will be trading.I am in the process of planning a run down from Yorkshire to Loomies (Hampshire) to show support for them. The only thing that is set in stone at the moment is that I will be travelling down to Hampshire on Saturday 25 October 2014. More of a bimble than a blast! I intend on stopping somewhere on the way for a nice lunch and perhaps a couple of times along the route for a cuppa (a maybe a cake or two!). There will be no rush. I am looking at finding cheap accommodation for Saturday night and having a few beers and food. I will post more details as I get them.

Sunday morning over to Loomies to spend sometime at the old place and then a nice ride home through the countryside!There is also the possibility of a ride over to Ace Cafe is anyone wants to do that ... Comments and thoughts welcome.Anyone who would like to join me (& GBNP) are more than welcome to do so. Just add your name to the list below;

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/09/2014 22:35  

Never heard of loomies but from sounds of it, it's a real shame they closing.
Would love to join you but the good old L plates but a stop to that one.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/09/2014 11:03  

Loomies is as popular as the ace and box hill.

Makes squires look like a dump. No sorry it shows you whata dump squires is.

Real shame its closing its one of the best places in the country to go. Maybe blag a pilly? Unfortunatly my back seat is taken.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/09/2014 15:24  

Stuie see not heard of box hill either.

I know your is seat taken unless your intending strapping gbnp to handle bars lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/09/2014 15:33  

Lol that would be interesting. Or we could squeeze some one in a tank bag !

Box hill is one of the oldest bike meeting places i think possably in the world. Definatly a bigger and older meeting spot than the ace.

Bikers and motor car enthusiatwotsitsits have been gathering there every since they worked out how to make a bang move a piston !

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/09/2014 17:13  

We will be there!!! Time is booked off from work looking forward to going to the ACE and the last day of Loomies. Will be a top weekend!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/09/2014 18:22  

Count me in ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Update Reply
stutts @ 07/09/2014 20:58  

I presume your not joining us from Sheffield Stutts ?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/09/2014 08:44  

no that's a big detour as im 10 miles from loomies,must admit I go there a fair bit ,usually to meet before ride outs,

Update Reply
stutts @ 09/09/2014 17:48  

Ok we have found bunk rooms in Farnham but we need to put down deposit.

We need to know who is coming and needs accommodation so we can book up the room with the correct number of beds. We need to know by Monday 15th Sept.

Beds are £20 per head, only single beds available.

No need for breakfast as thats the reason for going to loomies.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/09/2014 19:50  

Boink!

Last chance to book room comming up.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/09/2014 22:15  

I would have liked this but I'm at Twickenham for rugby, sorry x

Update Reply
TAB007 @ 19/09/2014 05:24  

Stuie
Do you have a route in mind for this yet ?
Just thinking that folk on route who may not be joining you for the trip to Loomies itself might join ya for tea n cake on the way down.
Could also double as a meeting place for those that want to tag on as well.
Cheers M.

Update Reply
Murdoch3352 @ 25/09/2014 07:44  

I'll come along if spare seat going as mi ikkle 125 on L plates a no go hmmm canny think why though lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/09/2014 17:58  

No route planned murdoch. Waiting to see who was coming to work something suitable for all. Also any one out there who can give Guiness Rider a seat down?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/09/2014 20:23  

Tab just a note. This trip would fit realy well with Twikers as its on 35 miles own the road 8-)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/09/2014 20:28  

Stuie ya knows it'll be more fun as still breaking in the leathers and I gotta experience new biking places. It's a must just what the doctor ordered bunking up with bikers loonies lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/09/2014 20:36  

Bump

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/09/2014 19:03  

Rileymtr & Lady Green the beds have been booked for Saturday 25 October 2014 - £20 pp at The Mulberry, Station Hill, Farnham, Surrey, GU9 8AD.

If anyone else wishes to join us and needs accommodation then telephone 01252 726673 to book a bed. There is space at the moment but they do get busy.

Anyone who would like to join us either for the ride down or for the evening on Saturday let us know. We will be hitting the bright lights of Farnham (!) to quaff a few alcoholic beverages and food, not necessarily in that order though.

Otherwise hope to catch up with anyone attending Loomies on Sunday 26th October for their final trading day.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/09/2014 21:24  

Murdoch....starting to think of a basic route, along wih good places to stop off for tea and scram.

Will post something soon if people wish to join en-route. Ps still looking for a spare seat for guiness rider.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/09/2014 21:28  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email