MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Dont give pilly's a bad name

Dont give pilly's a bad name - Forums [Biker Match] Dont give pilly's a bad name - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Dont give pilly's a bad name

Was disgusted to hear today of a Pilly ride offered, excepted, then turned down at the last minute, then to see a rude abusive text from the almost pilly to the guy who would of gone miles out of his way to pick her up, disgusting disrespectful behaviour to a nice guy who offered a pilly

Update Reply
lindaloki @ 31/08/2014 21:47  

There always out there we just live and learn next time the lift will not be offered

Update Reply
JP @ 31/08/2014 22:14  

Linda I have had that happen on the Pilly Day and other ride outs, suffice is to say the next time they ask me to help sort them a ride my response is not ladylike :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 31/08/2014 22:26  

I know JP, just made me so so angry ....

BJ I don't think mine would have been Ladylike either grrrr

Update Reply
lindaloki @ 31/08/2014 22:36  

Just goes to show you . Bikers are bikers. Men are men and women are loonies. Lol

p.s. Bikers ride bikes

If you ain't sitting on the front .

Ya don't matter.

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 01/09/2014 12:17  

Aww Dusty, that's a bit harsh!

I went to get my bike out on Saturday for a run with Danny and Dizzydot and found I'd a nail in my rear tyre - so I went pillion with Danny.
I didn't feel any less a 'biker' and I enjoyed having a chance to see more of the scenery. I even filled the tank and the tummy - so Danny can't complain toooo much about me sliding forward when he brakes (yes, he does, occasionally, use brakes!).
Still, tyre fixed now so Dunoon next weekend is the plan.

I'm sure the majority of pillions are very grateful for the offer, and appreciative of the distances some riders will go out of their way. Unfortunately there will be bad mannered people in every population.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 01/09/2014 15:05  

Izzy , you're a biker with a flat tyre. So,, at the moment. Danny's bike has two bikers on it.

A pillion may have a flat Doctor Martin boot , but they can't have a bike with a flat tyre.

Having a motorcycle is a choice.

Not having a motorcycle (regardless of any excuse ) is also a choice.

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 01/09/2014 15:50  

LOL, you crack me up.
Fancy Dunoon on Saturday?

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 01/09/2014 16:01  

Dustin Sometimes the choice is taken away, disability for one, does not make them anyless a person than the one sitting at the front.

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 01/09/2014 16:03  

Bj , what kind of disability?

I've got a mate in Morecambe with one leg and a trike

My mate Polo is recovering from a stroke but will be riding to Dent fo the weekend.

The vast majority of people without a bike don't want one or rather spend their money on something else.

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 01/09/2014 16:55  

Izzy it's Steve's Dent wknd. It's a smelly man event . Fragrant women are banned lol.

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 01/09/2014 16:58  

Dustin why are you being such a pain over this I know plenty of folk who cant ride a bike for very good reason's and they are bikers and make you look like a 17 year old on his 1st 125 going to the shops so wind your neck in and stop trying to cause a row.
By the way a trike is not a bike

Update Reply
JP @ 01/09/2014 17:19  

Thank you JP, sometimes the choice is taken away..along with other things!!

Some of us are grateful for a pilly as it means we can still get on a bike!! If you prefer clarification Dustin..come round for a brew, I'll explain!!

Update Reply
Joey05 @ 01/09/2014 17:49  

I think we all need another huddle in a puddle,,,,,,,,,,,,,tooooooooooooo much agression

Update Reply
stutts @ 01/09/2014 18:36  

Just to put my two pennrth in, I choose not to ride 365 for reasons due to work among others. In the past,I have done the all year riding, back in the days when the dress code of the day was jeans, leather and in really cold days, a donkey jacket over the top. I still regard myself as a biker, I have been from the first day I got on my first moped and will be until I die. The desire to ride all year round does not qualify anyone soley as a biker. I have a colleague who rides to work all year, and yet he strangely enough, doesn't class himself as a biker.

Update Reply
Double six @ 01/09/2014 18:41  

JP , bikers are bikers. Bikers without bikes could be ex bikers.

people sitting on the back seat are just people.

JP I've never met you . You know nowt about me .

but from posts you've written I understand you passed your test a few years back and bought a Harley coz you think Harley riders are cool .That don't qualify you to comment on anyone else.

Row ?what row?

I said , the vast majority of pillions choose not to have a bike.

I think that the people that spend their time , money and effort to pass their bike test. Then more money buying and maintaining a bike .

Are worth more , than the people than have not made the effort. There are quite a lot of posts from people on this site who are desperate to pass their bike test.They deserve some respect, rather than be told that people are worth the same as they are.

This is a site for people with bikes primarily.

A biker without a pillion is still a biker.

A pillion without a biker is a bus passenger.

JP wind yer own neck in ,shop window poser.

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 02/09/2014 10:37  

I passed mt test in the mid 70s I got a harley because I have always wanted one since I was a kid not because I think Harley riders are cool.
This is not the 1st time you have commented on posts to upset members just the same as your post above calling pillions without a seat just bus passengers.
And I would reread your post as that is not what you said

Update Reply
JP @ 02/09/2014 10:56  

This is a site for people who like bikes, Dustin. Like me. I have never had a bike, and I will quite happily say that I have no idea how to ride one. Aboslutely none. If the zombies were after me, and the only transport was a bike all revved up . . I would throw it at them. So there. I've never had any stick for it. You want to give me stick, say it to my face! Hah!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/09/2014 12:18  

Dustin you say JP has never met you and knows nowt about you, the same as you know nowt about the vast majority of people on thsi site or their circumstances yet you choose to make assumptions about them all !!! Everybody is entitled to an opinion as you are yours, but most choose to be less rude and sweeping in their statements, i would suggest you give it a go

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 02/09/2014 12:22  

Yeah Jp, now I remember. After your divorce you became a born again biker with your share if the settlement.

The original post was about some would be pilly slagging off her ride. Why ? we don't know.

I said along the lines of people on the back don't count.

What's wrong with that?

People choose to have a motorcycle.

The vast majority of people that don't have a motorcycle . Choose not to have one

What's. Wrong with that statement?

A pillion is only a pillion coz the rider allows them to be.

JP , it seems to me that you're the one trying to turn it into some sort of row. You are just being a bit oversensitive.

A bunch of bikers organising a day out is called a "ride out".

A bunch of pillions organising a day out is called " a coach party"

Chill out and stop getting hysterical over nothing.

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 02/09/2014 12:34  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email