MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Masquerade Ball or School Prom Night 2015

Masquerade Ball or School Prom Night 2015 - Forums [Biker Match] Masquerade Ball or School Prom Night 2015 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Masquerade Ball or School Prom Night 2015

Just touting for ideas at the moment. Looking to do something as a night out for all for all those who want to join in, so couple of ideas at the moment are a Masquerade Ball or a School Prom kind of night, how do you guys feel about either of those or have you any other ideas? Also would you be happy to do it in the Summer, bearing in mind Rallies etc or would a different part of the year be better?

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 28/08/2014 14:33  

Only problem I can see in summer folk will want to go on a bike and that would mean carrying camping gear and there night out costume.

Update Reply
JP @ 28/08/2014 14:46  

Masquerade ball might be a goer, people like me and JP would definitely benefit from wearing a mask to a social gathering!
As it is suggested to be a ball or prom style event, can we assume it will be held at an indoor venue? If so, then the colder time of the year might be ideal when fewer rallies are planned, and fewer layers are needed to keep from freezing.
Perhaps a deal could be brokered with a local hostelry to block book accomodation at a reasonable cost, instead of relying on the random chance your arm approach we have to employ for events like Hallowistmas. Non refundable deposits would be required for such an arrangement, ensuring those that want to go, will in fact attend, not just put their name down and not turn up.
Perhaps the end of Febuary or beginning of March as a suitable time.

Update Reply
Double six @ 28/08/2014 14:51  

Sounds good. I would prefer an indoor thing with room if its going to be a dress up/glad rags do, as everything gets creased when stuffed into panniers. Happy to do a non refundable deposit if it means that we get a block booking too.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 28/08/2014 15:42  

Is a school prom where the ladies wear pleated skirts stockings and suspenders.

Coz that sounds like an excellent idea , whoo hoo
I'm thinking St Trinnians 6th Form

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 29/08/2014 20:47  

Motorcycle event please.

Biker match not cager match. Lol

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 29/08/2014 21:06  

If we have a masquerade ball I wont be coming on the bike dressed like Scaramouche, t'is either on the bike in leathers or fancy dress in the car.

Update Reply
Double six @ 29/08/2014 21:30  

cool ever ;)

Update Reply
kaycat @ 29/08/2014 21:43  

Dustin666, As it will be inside probley in a hotel function room I dont think the Bike/Car option will really make that much difference.
Kaycat we are hoping you will be attending this one with the other half

Update Reply
JP @ 29/08/2014 22:05  

Ahh, I see Jp. A one evening event. Bus or taxi for locals. I was hoping for a weekend.

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 30/08/2014 00:40  

Dusty this is BJs event so there could be other stuff put on ride outs etc send her a pm see what you can put together all input is welcome from members to get the best out of events

Update Reply
JP @ 30/08/2014 07:58  

How about a custard pie fight? http://www.flickriver.com/photos/splosh_co_uk/5609733851/ http://images.dailystar-uk.co.uk/dynamic/1/281x351/3149...4901_1.jpg Yo.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/08/2014 21:46  

Masquerading. It'll be like a dinner date in the dark.
The men will look masculine and the women elegant.
School prom will mean you'll need to supply a bike shed..........
Actually, not a bad idea! ;D

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/08/2014 09:22  

Penny, school prom night will mean lots of St Trinians so either way I am on a winner.
If it is a masquerade, I get to wear a mask, so hopefully I will make a meaningful contact before unmasking. Then it is down to blind luck and my usual charm and wit(?) to seal the deal.

Update Reply
Double six @ 31/08/2014 09:51  

double six, (my usual charm and wit(?) to seal the deal)
That will be you going home alone then lol

Update Reply
JP @ 31/08/2014 09:59  

JP, that is precisely what I meant. You have witnessed my ''charm and wit(?) so you are absolutely correct in your preumption, I will be going home alone!

Update Reply
Double six @ 31/08/2014 10:13  

Oh I say any excuse to dress up!!!! Saying that not like I need any encouraging now is it???? Lol either option good for moi just hope it falls when it my week off :0)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/08/2014 12:44  

Double six, if it is school prom I will be wearing the same as the men. I was a boy until I left school, an expression someone made about me a short while back when I said how surprised I was to be one of the very few to leave school a virgin.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/08/2014 16:17  

I'm an honorary virgin.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/08/2014 17:16  

Yeah sure.............

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/08/2014 17:34  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email