MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

VSGM Charity Ride Out Rivvie Barn-Devils Bridge 21st September

VSGM Charity Ride Out Rivvie Barn-Devils Bridge 21st September - Forums [Biker Match] VSGM Charity Ride Out Rivvie Barn-Devils Bridge 21st September - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

VSGM Charity Ride Out Rivvie Barn-Devils Bridge 21st September

As many of you will already know I am organising a Charity Ride Out for Sunday 21st September. I now have a route & more detailed plans for the day. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p> We will set off from Rivington Hall Barn, Horwich at 11am. The route will take us North onto the A59. Following the A59 until Gisburn. We will then take the A682 to Long Preston. Turning left onto the A65 to Devil’s Bridge, Kirkby Lonsdale. Bacon butties & burgers etc available for purchase at the snack van, Devils Bridge Snacks. Setting off back to Rivington Barn at approx 3pm & expected to arrive back around 5pm. Detailed Route Plans available on the day or in advance by emailing the address on the events page. Please feel free to arrive at Rivington from 09.30am onwards in order to register & grab a brew etc.. We are asking that each rider/pillion passenger make a donation to take part. <o:p></o:p> All proceeds will go towards helping Victim Support GM support victims of Domestic Abuse in Greater Manchester.<o:p></o:p> <FON...NG>www.victimsupport.org.uk www.justgiving.com/VSGMRideout</ST...G>/

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/08/2014 15:15  

I was hoping to stop for a brew break about halfway on the outward journey. However, I have not been unable to find a suitable place. If any of you guys know a biker friendly cafe en-route please let me know. Thanks.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/08/2014 15:43  

Hi does this mean the other thread is no loner required?

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 20/08/2014 16:10  

Hi Brummie Jackie. No it's not. I thought I'd start afresh now I have more details finalised. Hope that's ok?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/08/2014 19:06  

deleted it for you :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 20/08/2014 21:34  

Route plans now completed & ready for printing/emailing out.
Next step is to find a front rider...
anyone interested?

www.justgiving.com/VSGMrideout/

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/08/2014 07:26  

Will pm you about route shortly, sorry about the delay but have had stuff happening. Pencil me in as front rider

Update Reply
SlowGoose @ 24/08/2014 03:52  

Thx SG. Will do. :-)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/08/2014 19:42  

I may not be able to make this one. my boss is wanting me to go working in Gretna

Update Reply
the vtwin twin @ 25/08/2014 19:46  

Oh dear. Nevermind. Have to put your work first. X

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/08/2014 19:55  

id rather not go up as iv got two gigs at the beginning of oct that I want to go to, so im gona try and get out of it haha

Update Reply
the vtwin twin @ 25/08/2014 22:21  

Come on people, get your names down.
It will be a good ride for a good cause.
Support your local charities and those who are trying to make a difference.

Update Reply
SlowGoose @ 27/08/2014 21:41  

Had a lovely couple of hours at rivvy today. Handing out flyers & chatting to bikers about the ride out. Few guys from BM there too.
Quite a bit of interest... so fingers crossed for a good turn out on the day & of course good weather. ??

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/08/2014 20:30  

https://www.facebook.com/events/638565532908203/
Hi guys. We now have a Facebook event set up. Please feel free to share it on your Facebook profiles &/or invite anyone you think may be interested.
Hopefully now I'll have a better idea of actual numbers to expect on the day.
https://www.facebook.com/events/638565532908203/

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/09/2014 09:09  

Not long now. I have uploaded route plans in the photos on the event page. Weathers not looking too bad. So fingers crossed. We also now have a facebook event for any one who may be interseted in joining us but is not on BM https://www.facebook.com/events/638565532908203/ Gale.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/09/2014 13:51  

well it looks like I will be coming along. iv refused the job in Gretna. hey just a thought. maybe we could stop off at slaidburn , and settle aswell.

Update Reply
the vtwin twin @ 16/09/2014 20:30  

Nice one. The more the merrier. Maybe we could. We'll see how it goes on the day.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/09/2014 21:05  

Oh ek. I'm in a pickle now. My ride for the day has just let me down & won't be turning up. How embarrassing will that be if I can't go on my own ride out. Ha I'll just have to hope I cam hitch a lift with someone else on the day.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/09/2014 21:06  

Really chuffed with today's turnout. We raised a fantastic £230 to help us support victims of domestic abuse in GM.
Special thank you to FirebladeJohn & Martinche for being fantastic front & back riders, keeping everyone together. Also a big thanks to Dale for stepping in as my pilot at the very last minute.
Please checkout the pics on the event page & feel free to tag them if you recognise anyone. ;-)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/09/2014 19:25  

Nice job well done :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 22/09/2014 10:26  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email