MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Moderators - what they can and can't do

Moderators - what they can and can't do  - Forums [Biker Match] Moderators - what they can and can't do  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Moderators - what they can and can't do

Just to clarify as i am aware that the rumour mill and a couple of ill informed amadans are causing confudion to new folk about what Mods can and can't see or do, so here goes .... CAN DO Edit and delete profiles (usually scammers) Edit and delete posts, where necessary Move threads between topics Answer queries regarding site stuff Answer queries with regard to issues any member may be having Can boot you out of chat room for mis use if necessary Can sin bin you if required CAN'T DO Read pm's, they are what they say on the tin PRIVATE See another members message lists in any way shape or form Read or see whispers in chat Walk on water Use magical powers to turn other members into frogs Also please remember that Mods and other site staff give up their time for free to ensure that the site is a nice freindly place to be, yes sometimes we may take a while to get back to you with regard to any query but I for one work for a living and want to be out on bike when the sun is shining, contrary to popular Mods are not Trolls or Vampires or Gremlins we can go out in daylight !!!! If i have missed anything then any other Mod please feel free to add stuff. If anybody has any questions then please do ask. If you are unsure as to who is a Mod then click on the Staff list at the bottom of the page. I can only speak for myself on this bit, but if anybody thinks i abuse my Moderator power or have my head firmly implanted up my own arse because i am a Mod then please do have the balls to say it to my face rather than spout it behind my back :) Any opinion aired within this post is that solely of the writer :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 20/08/2014 11:12  

thank the lord now maybe just maybe there will be no more bm police issues and no more silly pm's so that we may all use this great site as it was intended to be used . thank you

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/08/2014 12:48  

thank BJ let hope peeps take notice of what you have posted and not like some numptes who don't read they look and take out what they what it to read

Update Reply
kaycat @ 20/08/2014 12:57  

Thanks BJ

Think that should sort out quite a few problems that some people were having

:)

Update Reply
Joey05 @ 20/08/2014 14:50  

Just to add to what BJ says.. we are also involved in organising events.. K.I.S.S., Barmouth etc, mainly BJ and the midlands hobbits who put a hell of a lot of time an effort into making sure the events are safe, enjoyable and fun for everyone.

I've been on BM since February 2008, a lot of that time as a moderator and I've seen many many things on here, and some of the same scenarios pop up over and over again, in my experience, they usually fizzle out and fade away..

At the end of the day Biker Match has been a fantastic way for people to meet people from all over the UK and beyond many of them will be lifelong friends from now on.

I have met and made some of the best friends ever, but at the same time there are always going to be people who don't get on, or people who just have to complain, bicker, moan, bitch, whatever.. this is human nature and none of us are going to change that.

As moderators, part of our job is to keep this site running as a friendly, happy site and while a good debate on matters is a healthy thing, bitching, name-calling, etc is downright out of order.

Like Jackie (BJ) says, if anyone has a problem with anyone or anything, then please let us know, we will do our best to rectify it...but we are only human......... well.......sometimes....if there's a Z in the month...or when there's a full moon, with fireworks coming off it...or when......

heheh just kidding we ARE humans really, not some computer generated thingy.....apart from Chatbot (he's really not real you know!)

Karey

One of the original hug monsters xx

Update Reply
Karey @ 20/08/2014 16:11  

....and don't forget all the successful 'matches' too, Kaz !! Another engagement announced only this week

You mods are all 's imho xx

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 20/08/2014 20:30  

who got comited

Update Reply
havfun @ 20/08/2014 21:32  

Saw it on facebook, Norman...so prob not my job to name names!!!

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 20/08/2014 21:34  

Can i also suggest that if you havent already you take 5 minutes to read the site rules and regs, you can find them at

http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/misc/rules.asp

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 20/08/2014 22:29  

I've "notified-to-mod" out of date posts, e.g., "rally ticket for sale" a week after the rally, being under the impression that the mods can't cover everything unless they're informed... should I be doing this?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/08/2014 01:08  

Yes Valencia it is most appreciated and thank you

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 21/08/2014 09:22  

I would just like to say as a fairly recent member thank you for all the help and support I have received with any questions queries etc, I have only been a member for a few weeks but have already made several friends and am hoping all being well to be at Barmouth so that I can meet a lot more people and make even more new friends.

Update Reply
beezerbird @ 21/08/2014 13:56  

I know im a bit of a loon but what is a sin bin please ?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/08/2014 16:12  

Dix - you're from Wakefield and you've never heard the term "sin bin"?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/08/2014 17:49  

no never heard of the sin bin ive got a garden burning bin and an incinerator ive never heard the term but do remember I haven't always been in wakefield ive spent years in uas Ireland spain and not as many in uk as maybe should have so thought I would ask I seriously do not know sorry . ps not right good with clues either just streight answers

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/08/2014 18:03  

TRY asking here, Dix; http://www.loverugbyleague.com/club/wakefield-wildcats/...und-guide/

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/08/2014 18:14  

nope nothing cant find anything helpful on there except bus route and bus number from my house to the ground but being as ive not been on a bus only a tour bus and a party bus I don't need to know bout buses ??? maybe somebody in chat room will tell me laters

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/08/2014 19:13  

BJ get that girly nite sorted xx

Update Reply
kaycat @ 21/08/2014 23:09  

Sin bin, is a bit like the naughty corner at school :-)

Update Reply
davidneale @ 21/08/2014 23:19  

Kay will do have a cunning plan for it :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 21/08/2014 23:25  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email