MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Tell you Later

Tell you Later - Forums [Biker Match] Tell you Later - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Tell you Later

Can we get rid of this option please?

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 20/06/2014 12:42  

Seconded, especially in Relationship status

Update Reply
Imola72 @ 20/06/2014 14:06  

I'll tell you later

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 21/06/2014 07:10  

I agree, it is nothing less than obfusticating and has no more function than to deceive.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/06/2014 11:59  

tell you later coz iv forgot

Update Reply
havfun @ 21/06/2014 23:57  

couldn't agree more, some profiles are full of it!!!

Update Reply
Dnepr rider @ 03/07/2014 17:03  

realationship status and bike.....??? whats all that about...

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 04/07/2014 18:41  

Exactly. Couldn't care less if someone has a bike or not, but come on show honesty in your relationship status. As much as this is also a social site, people do join to find someone.

The "tell you later" option in the relationship bit should be removed.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 04/07/2014 20:28  

I like the tell you later, it's better than a lie.
We're not all here on the pull, some of us are just after biking friends...

In which case bike is relevant ( at least to us males cos we're primitives when it comes to things like that ).

And conversely I'm not really interested or bothered if you're single, married, partnered, straight, gay, bi, black, white, yellow, pink or purple.

That is none of my business and you'll tell me if you want to.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 05/07/2014 09:57  

How can it be better than a lie, when for all intents and purposes the person is omitting to tell the truth? For those looking for someone, then it is something that is important, a clear and honest starting point.

I understand that those already attached or just seeking friends wouldn't be bothered by this, but there are many people on here that are seeking a partner.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 06/07/2014 17:01  

As a newbie I don't have a problem with Tell you later. If I have a photo on my profile, albeit I don't like photo's of myself, people can see what race I am, and judge for themselves. But do I really need to state my Religion ? or my Education ? if I am only looking for friends. But the option is there for anyone looking for a Partner/Wife/Husband. One should never say never, so if in my elderly confusion I decide to look for a partner, I can always fill in the missing details. But as far as my Race is concerned I'm Sort of Viking/Scottish/Midland/southern softie type thing, this is about as specific as I can get and there isn't space to put that in the box :) Now "Blue eyes" that fit's the box a treat.

Update Reply
Whatsisname? @ 10/07/2014 23:04  

As with everything in life, if you don't like something then just ignore the person. Just the same as not putting up a profile picture or one thats obscured in some way. If someone is percieved by you as being less than truthfull then ignore them.
Not everyone that leaves that option in does it for bad reasons and a lot like to have the option as a choice.

There is no need to remove it.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 11/07/2014 00:08  

Trouble is Jo it take me so long to make my mind up I have to tell you later lol

Update Reply
JP @ 11/07/2014 07:49  

Yes that's it exactly Bluesbiker. It's there for those who want to fill it in, and if you don't want to, then don't.

I would like to refer back to my original post, in case anyone takes offence at what I said about only looking for a partner in my elderly confusion. If you read my profile you will know why I will not be looking any time soon. (I should be so lucky anyway, that someone else would want me, i'm well aware of my limitations )

Update Reply
Whatsisname? @ 11/07/2014 09:05  

I know this is a tad contentious subject wise but its a subject that has been mentioned to me that quite a few people don't like the "tell you later" option, but only on the relationship bit.

Its not to do with age, looks,race or faith.

Personally I prefer honesty but I know its each to their own.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 11/07/2014 15:10  

Rowanblossom you have made me feel so bad about my profile I have updated it and it is now complete . By the way Bluesbiker made a comment about profile photos being obscured in some way . Ermm.

Update Reply
Whatsisname? @ 11/07/2014 23:11  

If there is a tell you later on a profile for relationship status I tend not to answer any pm's from that person, because a) don't see a problem with stating your relationship status, and b) would hate to cause any arguments if they do have an 'other half' or something and wasn't aware of that. Why would anyone not want to state that if they are being honest about themselves?

Update Reply
Cally. @ 21/08/2014 08:10  

Don't reply to anyone who can't be bothered to put a few words ,what's the big secret!

Update Reply
Buckaroo @ 26/08/2014 07:05  

here here ......................ill tell ya later

Update Reply
kaycat @ 26/08/2014 11:34  

Does it really matter?
Every one is on here for variety of reasons to what the site offers. Friendship,advice,ride outs,nights out,rallies etc
Let's say the option is taken off. A person can still be dishonest no matter what it's common sense really to take time out get to know some one if they genuine they won't hide ought.

Look at it this way option divorced well you can be divorced and single or divorced do we really have to label ourselves put each other into little boxes?
Yes it gives people the basics details of that person etc but taking time out chatting over time actually reveals a lot about a individual, but if unsure then simple checks is that person only on here at certain times of the day each week, do they have different pictures of them self on here, been to any rallies,ride outs nights out etc.have they paid to be full member on here? Also if after time have a phone number are you able to talk any time or just at certain times?
Myself personally if get mail they send hi here's my hotmail address or phone number like to talk add me. Simple sorry won't talk through that system. Every one is differant has opinions even judgementle at times but if your real genuine down to earth person you won't lie as the saying goes youve to be a good liar and have good memory not to be caught out.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/08/2014 12:17  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email