MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

just seen this

just seen this  - Forums [Biker Match] just seen this  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

just seen this

We're appealing to motorcyclists across Lancaster, Morecambe, Blackpool and the Fylde coast to ride considerately as the Summer months approach.We'll be out and about speaking with riders over the next few months to remind them to ride responsibly, particularly in residential areas.We'll also be carrying out checks with VOSA on motorcycles and those found to be using illegal exhausts will be prosecuted.Checks will also be made with insurance companies on anybody using a motorcycle with an illegal exhaust. If it hasn’t been declared the rider will potentially be prosecuted for using the vehicle without insurance and making a false statement to obtain insurance.We’re not out to spoil anybody’s fun, we know that motorcyclists enjoy riding, particularly at this time of year, we just want riders to think about others who live on the popular motorcycle routes and ride considerately.

Update Reply
kaycat @ 11/06/2014 21:55  

Mines safe, soo quiet even i can't hear it lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/06/2014 19:15  

Baffles back in 8-(

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/06/2014 21:55  

What a bunch of twats.

Update Reply
SlowGoose @ 13/06/2014 21:38  

They've got to reach their quotas to appear to be effective somehow. Of course addressing real road safety issues is out of the question.

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 15/06/2014 11:01  

I guess the noisy brigade have upset the locals.
What is it with aftermarket exhausts?
Why do it?
Same mentality as the Nova and big bore boys I suppose.
I still don't get it though.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 15/06/2014 21:14  

Hahaha they gonna be pissed with my straight through pipes on the Fat Bob !
Harley Insurance expects you to have them on, and stage 1 tuned with no change to premium.
Steve we do it cos we can ......get it we can.......oh don't bother lol

Update Reply
Fatbob16 @ 24/06/2014 09:21  

Loud pipe can sound good, nice big twins and v4 sound fab. Thats one of the reasons mine has a differnt pipe.

I think its the 20,000 rpm screamers at 100mph. And the throttle blippers that basicly pisses off the townies and bypass dwellers alike.

Issue is whats a nice noise and what is offensive? And the wallys that have gone out of there way to make our ears bleed are going to wreck it for the rest of us.

And yes louder pipes DO save lives, especialy around town where deadpestrians have a tendancy to wounder out on front of you.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/06/2014 09:29  

dead pedestrians ?????? Got a zombie problem up your way ?

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 24/06/2014 13:17  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email