MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Sunday 17th August - Central Scotland ride out

Sunday 17th August - Central Scotland ride out - Forums [Biker Match] Sunday 17th August - Central Scotland ride out - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Sunday 17th August - Central Scotland ride out

Central Scotland Ride Out - details should appear in Events shortly.

I'm hoping the proposed route will give us a good, if fairly long day.

It incorporates some fantastic roads, and if the weather is kind, the photo opportunities should be great too.

Depending on numbers I may seek to sort people into groups to suite their desired speed etc.

You can fuel up at the start point. Next Fuel in Oban (120 miles) , Then Crieff (128 miles) , it's then only 40 miles back to McDonalds and the BP garage, so you may not need to fuel in Crieff depending on your bike's range.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/06/2014 15:22  

Event is up

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/06/2014 04:42  

Hay Mike!, its in my diary, just need the time off booking !!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/06/2014 13:42  

Excellent

Depending on weather on the day, the route may change, and as MadSocts has mentioned, there's a camping trip planned for the Borders that same weekend, although there's nothing in Events yet - so depending on how interested folk are, I may alter the route entirely so that we can terrorise the Borders instead and meet up with folks

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/06/2014 13:15  

Sorry Mike !, can't get the time off grrrr, gonna try and do a trip up adhoc !!!. Friday to Sunday !!...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/07/2014 17:35  

Sorry Mike !, can't get the time off grrrr, gonna try and do a trip up adhoc !!!. Friday to Sunday !!...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/07/2014 17:46  

That be a fab run fella

Update Reply
madscots @ 19/07/2014 20:47  

I know you guys don't know me. but I don't bite haha. im gonna try n get Monday off work and make a 3day wkend off it, so I can pop in n see some mates on the Monday, wile im up there and get to ride the dalwinnie road on satday

Update Reply
the vtwin twin @ 02/08/2014 21:30  

Everyone welcome mate - we all had to go on our first BM run at some point

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/08/2014 13:02  

Looks like a good day out Mike, checking that we'll be free to come along before adding to the event.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 07/08/2014 11:12  

If i can sort childcare cover I shall pop along to this, will try bring a few and a pillion or two with us

Not done much around Oban this year so be good for a scoot

Update Reply
madscots @ 07/08/2014 15:27  

Added to the event, not sure I'll count on photo opportunities though. Friends at Ullapool this weekend had tents flattened last night and can't get away yet due to flooded roads

Many coffee stops requested if it's wet, pretty please?

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 11/08/2014 13:12  

hope you all have a brilliant day , im working but will be thinking of you all

Update Reply
fudet @ 12/08/2014 01:41  

My plans have rather collapsed around my ears for this one! Apart from the recent exploits of the weather potentially leaving us some issues that might influence the route, I'm now not able to make the run

I've sent out a notification to 'all' - i.e. izzyhill and myself

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/08/2014 18:38  

sorry but I cant make it. the boss is a ---- il let you fill in the blanks haha. just like to say, enjoy the ride all that turn up

Update Reply
the vtwin twin @ 12/08/2014 18:54  

Hope all is ok Mike though whatever it is

weather looking rather nasty has to be said

Update Reply
madscots @ 12/08/2014 20:18  

thanks mate

Aye, weather isnae looking braw at all

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/08/2014 22:14  

Sorry you can't make this now Mike, hope all is well.

Danny and I are still up for a ride on Sunday.
MetOffice says it's a mixed day and there will be bright patches to be found - but that'll change as we get closer to Sunday.

Please leave the thread up and I'll post later what we're doing - I doubt it'll involve a 9am start!
Meanwhile, if anyone has any suggestions or requests please fire them in; favourite roads, learner-friendly route, top-notch cafes/ice cream parlours , all comments welcome.
Ride safe.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 13/08/2014 09:59  

Despite the beautiful weather today, calm before the storm stuff, there's severe weather warnings for strong winds over Sunday and Monday so I'll be taking the car to go look at kitchens. *sigh*

If anyone ventures out on Sunday, do take care xx

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 16/08/2014 00:10  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email