MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Satnav

Satnav - Forums [Biker Match] Satnav - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Satnav

Can anyone recommend a decent satnav holder for a bike

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/06/2014 16:12  

have a look on ebay wolfy me and russ both got one of these and theyre ace.
if you just type in bike sat nave case it brings them up but make sure you click uk only sellers.theyre waterproof and adjustable and easy to read even when its sunny i use ours all the time when im out

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 08/06/2014 07:09  

Thankyou that's great I've seen them on eBay but saw bad write ups but if you're fine with them il get one

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/06/2014 07:29  

ive never had a problem with ours some people might if they dont have the normal round bars ie: clip ons etc.but they have foam inserts of different thickness so you pad it out to stop sat nav from moving around and the clip that goes on your bars has a foam insert to help it grip.russ went all round ireland with his up to 120mph and was ace

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 08/06/2014 07:41  

I never fit my sat naff to the bike, I leave it in my pocket and just listen to destructions through my intercom, saves swapping from bike to bike.
Also less distraction to the eye, it only takes a second too long glaring at the screen as it takes you the wrong way, or even worse, as I have seen a few times, altering the settings as you ride, and you take your eye off the ball !
Less distractions the better with my limited brain cells lol

Update Reply
Fatbob16 @ 01/07/2014 04:01  

I very rarely use a satnav on the bike. When I do it's my cheapo car one in a natty little handlebar mounted holder, about £20 online. But the battery usually goes flat and it tries to send me onto boring roads!
All the bits about getting distracted hold true.
I usually just use my phone if I get lost. Pull over and fire up view ranger, it shows the map and current location and I figure it out from there. And of course it's free.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 02/07/2014 20:16  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email