MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

D Day - 70 years on - We Salute You

D Day - 70 years on - We Salute You - Forums [Biker Match] D Day - 70 years on - We Salute You - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

D Day - 70 years on - We Salute You

British soldiers are unitedAs an army fit and strongConfident with inspirationVictory is their marching songThey have trained four solid years...They have suffered hardships graveYet, beneath their mournfull tearsThey have hearts still true and braveThey are reminded of their comradesWho were slain by German wrathMen who stood and never yealedTo keep the enemy from our pathThey were men with hearts of heroesThey -the men who fought and daredTo face the overwhelming GermansWhile Great Britain got prepared."there will always be an England.""Britons never shall be slaves,"But how empty many homes areAnd how crowded are the graves.

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 06/06/2014 09:58  

That's lovely Jackie..

We must never forget what so many men and women did, so that all of us today can live as free as we do..

At the going down of the sun...we shall remember them ... xx

Update Reply
Karey @ 06/06/2014 10:00  

BJ well put. Never forget the sacrifices made by those brave men and women for our way of life. Stand tall and support those who protect us, past present and future.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 06/06/2014 12:39  

Remember all those still sacrificing There lives in Afghanistan in a diffarent war
We will remember them all.

Update Reply
Johnboy1050 @ 06/06/2014 14:43  

Update Reply
ExupRichR1 @ 06/06/2014 14:50  

We shall always remember our men and women who gave their lives for us.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 06/06/2014 16:56  

That's lovely BJ, Its made me read a poem that I wrote for my Granddad six years ago, who never made it to D Day.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 06/06/2014 18:45  

At the going down of the sun,
and in the morning,
We remember them

Update Reply
SlowGoose @ 06/06/2014 18:50  

So very lovely - bought a lump to my throat x

Update Reply
TAB007 @ 06/06/2014 20:31  

We must always remember the men and woman of the war and never forget the sacrifice they went through May there god bless them

Update Reply
BigRay @ 07/06/2014 10:58  

I wasn't able to share a beer this year with a friend who was one of those who parachuted into Normandy in the hours before the main landings.
He's still with us, though, but in his late 80s has finally made the move to London to become a Chelsea Pensioner.

Update Reply
Wills @ 08/06/2014 23:50  

Good for him Wills.I am sure he will enjoy his time there.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 09/06/2014 00:01  

Because you can read this thank a teacher, because it's in English thank a soldier.

Update Reply
SlowGoose @ 21/06/2014 22:54  

We WILL Remember Them.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/06/2014 21:38  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email