MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Hi Viz jackets with sleeves

Hi Viz jackets with sleeves  - Forums [Biker Match] Hi Viz jackets with sleeves  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Hi Viz jackets with sleeves

Please can anyone suggest where to buy hi viz jackets with sleeves to go over riding jackets? Tried searching several sites and they are all vests. Thanks

Update Reply
Jackyan @ 03/06/2014 19:28  

Hi jackyan I know in stoke there's a warehouse called JTF they do them and I think there's one in warrington if that's any help

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/06/2014 19:51  

Hi jackyan, JTF have a really good range, some are padded so great for the winter, I have also seen them in machinemart, a well know haunt for sad men......

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/06/2014 22:17  

i got my hi vis vest with sleeves from a safety shop (carnt rember the name)
some builders merchants do them as a side line some sunday markets car boots have folk selling safety gear

Update Reply
havfun @ 03/06/2014 23:15  

Hi thanks everyone that gives me some places to try. Much appreciated. X

Update Reply
Jackyan @ 04/06/2014 08:17  

Aldi or ldle bike/cycling jackets, excellent price. Also got my winter hi viz jacket from lidl

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 04/06/2014 21:30  

hi jackyan, just been into Brammer/buck and Hickman,
they have them too, good luck.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/06/2014 13:01  

Thanks both !! Am on the trail. X

Update Reply
Jackyan @ 05/06/2014 17:54  

Aspli Safety, they are great quality n reasonable price, sizes go up to x+ridiculous!!

Try some camping shops, like Winfields Outdoors, they stock em particularly if they do safety wear n equine stuff.

You will be joining the Despicable Me club then? Stuie in particular looks like a minion in his... Lol

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 06/06/2014 07:38  

Lol @ minion.....bottum hehehehe

You can also look on ebay for ex police hi vis jackets. Plod use them over there bike jackets as summer weather gear. They also use the mesh type with sleeves.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/06/2014 07:58  

Thanks all ! Exploring all avenues and appreciate your tips . You'll see us a mile of when done!

Update Reply
Jackyan @ 24/06/2014 21:06  

Got mine of ebay same as police with blue checkering makes middle lane hoggers move.

Update Reply
colin675 @ 10/07/2014 20:49  

maybe have to try wearing a full jacket coz at the moment I only wear a hi-viz vest , when driving my brilliant white 44ton truck with 16' 4".
" tall double deck trailer on 20 , yes 20 , wheels. The blind buggers in cars still pull out of slip roads without seeing me.lol

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 16/07/2014 20:35  

our local wicks does them at £34.00 and they are padded

£26 for unpadded

£14 for vest

try your local builders supplies they have loads of clothing in our ones

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/08/2014 13:09  

Hi thanks all we got some that hit the spot and you can see us coming now for miles . Luminous was the word used . Might not be trendy but hey if it stops those cars Dusty I'm all for it .

Update Reply
Jackyan @ 20/08/2014 20:36  

Why do we need to be HiVis? Just ride to expect the stupid road users to do the unexpected. If they can't see a illuminated headlight - are they likely to pay any attention to a hi vis jacket/vest. Ride to protect yourself! Rant over!!!!

Update Reply
SteveD @ 20/08/2014 22:41  

Hi vis does have its place Steve, altho its not the cure all that people think it is it does help.

Motorways its fab. I spend most of my life on them and it does help the biker stand out from literly miles at times. In town its benifit is minimal.

I guess its biggest benifit is it helps the wearer to stand out, wether or not its forces a driver to see you is down to argument. I guess half the drivers out here are too busy reading facebook and texting to see me in my transit or Dustin in his truck. Its about time plod started a no tolerance approuch to bad driving.

IMHO if you want to wear it then do so. In bad weather i definatly do but im not an all weather wearer. Its not fair to have a go at people who wish to do so as they are only trying to stay safe.

Something on that note insurance companys are starting to make payouts based on the level of PPE (which includes hi vis!) worn. One of my big get offs a few years ago which almost killed me afforded a bigger payout down to the fact i did everything i could to protect my self and make my self visable. I know it was a fact in the payout as the judge said so in his summin up!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/08/2014 19:13  

You're right about making yourself as visible as poss.

The eejits will still mow you down but it leaves no doubt that the buggers never looked.

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 21/08/2014 19:50  

Your right Dustin they dont look or simply just dont care.

My last accident back in 2011 i was riding an ex police r1200rt still in London hivis baternburg livery wearing a hi vis jacket with a white helmet.

The car hat hit me head on said he saw me. He knew i was there but he thought i would stop in time as he tryed to parrellel park in front of me.

Basicly he saw me, he knew my course, he knew my speed but he deliberatly drove into me as he expected me to stop to allow him to park. Problem was i couldnt stop in time. In short he didnt care.

No matter how much hi vis i had would save me, i was also riding according to my enviroment so basicly defensivly as i have been trained to do.

Against twats like this theres only one defence

http://www.mod-sales.com/direct/vehicle/,37,/46202/Alvis_Stormer.htm

Whats even worse he didnt even get a point on his licenece

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/08/2014 21:27  

I know it may upset the handling a little bit but a front mounted minigun would be handy at times lol

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 22/08/2014 23:00  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email