MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Photos

Photos - Forums [Biker Match] Photos - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Photos

If you take photos at a Biker Match event why would you only post them on Facebook. I for one am sick of working my ass off at events and then 80% of the pics that members take only get posted on Face Book. we need the pics on BM to boost membership and show what a great place this is, there is nothing wrong putting your pics on Face Book for your friends to see but please post them on BM as well.

Update Reply
JP @ 02/06/2014 21:25  

put mine on

Update Reply
kaycat @ 02/06/2014 21:43  

Not guilty (for once!) I aint on the book of face.

I merely delete photos from my camera! Stoopid woman. Grrr!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 02/06/2014 21:43  

Have to agree with JP on this one, massive bug bear of mine, especially after putting so much time and effort into organising a BM event to find all pics are on FB

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 02/06/2014 22:11  

Maybe that's because the pic hosting on bm could certainly be improved so it was more appealing for folk to post them here?
You can't post photos in threadsYou can post them on an event page, but you can only tag yourself, not othersYou can't put a title or explanation on photos in EventsYou can put them on your own profile, but then very few people will see them

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/06/2014 11:00  

As JP and BJ have said, why attend any event hosted by BM or any of it's members and then not post any photo's on the event or personal profile after the event? If they can be bothered to post on facebook or any other social media why not the host site?
BM does get exposure to more potential members that way, but those who were there would be interested in seeing parts of the rally they missed that others have documented. What is the problem with having pics on your profile and telling people they are there and if people want to see them they can always visit said profile. Why clutter a forum thread with images, I think pretty soon you would be complaining about the ridiculous amount of unnecessary images if it were possible.
Captioning of pics in your profile could be a little bigger, but, in the event photo section, do we really need a small essay of maybe a hundred words to inform folks of what went on? For that reason, I suspect, we don't have captioning.
Some people might not want to be tagged and identified in a photograph, so why would they appreciate someone else being able to? Having said that, I didn't put my image on facebook, and didn't particularly want them there, but others have posted them and that is fine.
When the site underwent an overhaul recently, a lot of improvements took place. Before the changes, I had trouble uploading multiple images at once and had to do them individually. Now, however, I can simply drag and drop multiple pics and with one click they are posted.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/06/2014 11:37  

think you will find you can x

Update Reply
kaycat @ 03/06/2014 11:46  

You must do a master class K, on the fundamentals of how to do this. Either that or start selling very large cans of whoopass!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/06/2014 11:53  

Kay I can't seem to do that either

Sorry peeps, I only took a few photos. I have posted them on here and FB. A couple are at Matlock, which was part of our KISS weekend. Never been there before, or Bakewell, or Buxton but now I have

Update Reply
davidneale @ 03/06/2014 12:18  

o my a master class me
pmsl rofpmsl snigger it a gift i have

Update Reply
kaycat @ 03/06/2014 13:30  

As posted on kiss thread, I've managed to upload my photos into my profile and awaiting instructions on how to move them over rather than having to download all again, which took me all afternoon to do yesterday. I haven't posted any on fb but have shared some off other fb profiles

Update Reply
teenybash @ 03/06/2014 13:47  

Teeny, go to the kiss thread on the event page. Just above the pics of people attending there are 2 buttons, ! is for lift requests, the other is for the event pics.
On the first page you will see a button in the top left corner marked upload images, click on that and then drag and drop pics from your pictures file into the box you will see there. Once you have finished dragging pics, click on the button at the bottom of the box that say begin upload, and your pics will start to move over.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/06/2014 13:53  

teeny I've given you your own little button in Motorcycle Events & Rides Out in my post

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/06/2014 18:00  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email