MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Why don't you rally?

Why don't you rally? - Forums [Biker Match] Why don't you rally? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Why don't you rally?

Having just got back from a great 'Bum in the mud' rally I can't understand why so many bikers never go to rallies. I am really looking forward to this years KISS and they are the place to go to have a good time and make new pals. I admit the camping can be a bit of a turn off for some; contact XJ on this site for camping tips.
Everyone is welcome and it doesn't seem to matter if you wear a denim cut off or prefer a kilt or dinner jacket...

If you really want to meet people and have a great time, sign up for a rally.

Update Reply
ColinB @ 01/05/2014 19:03  

Well said that man! Ive been rallying and doing festivals since i was 17 and thats a long time.

Great peeps, good bands, fab fun, lots of laughs and plenty of opportunities to make new mates and let ya hair down!

Occasionally the camping is horrifically muddy but its all part of the fun. Just plan ya packing and everything will be fine.

Come on folks start getting ya names down for some of the rallies, you might find ya really like it!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 01/05/2014 19:25  

ive been rallying for about 28yrs and i love it.i cant wait for the rally season to start each year.unfortunatley these days i get really cold so my winter rallies have been stopped but i still rally from begining of may to about october.i think its the best place to meet the best peeps

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 01/05/2014 20:35  

I suspect the simplest answer may be that not everyone is a social animal and maybe wants to use their biking time for their own pleasures??

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/05/2014 22:16  

Trying to balance work which is 12 hour shifts days and nights, , marriage, keeping Mrs AJ happy, 5 kids, and biking/fishing - it's a never nding challenge. So I get out when I can. !

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 02/05/2014 06:30  

G'day Linz !!!! ha ha

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 02/05/2014 06:31  

Never been to a rally in my life. Never had the time with the wife and kids to provide for ... and the farm to run And now at 53?...... No wife, kids grown up.... spending the weekend in a tent, in a field is ok but not being a drinker and having little in common with the average biker, I would be bored Apart from that I'm a miserable old fucker Kiss would have been the first... A rally virgin... but..... .... I'm going farming in the lakes instead

Update Reply
Julestools @ 02/05/2014 06:42  

@AJ ....G'day mate. Are u back in Blighty? Hope you had a fab time but missed us all terribly! ((Wink))

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 02/05/2014 06:54  

To answer the question, because I would rather do something else like tour or a track day or listen to a band in the comfory of a pub and retire to my own bed. Not everyone wants to get drunk in a field. Motorcycling activities need not be confined to rallies so each to their own.

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 02/05/2014 11:38  

my first rally on my own bike was back in 82 (omg im old ) id just got a cb 25o rs i took a sleeping bag a tent and a tooth brush got very drunk lol and i little bit high (i was only 17 snigger ) the band sat night (only had a band sat night ) was budge i was hooked
been to lots of rallies and festivals and there has been good and bad and some time when i get home Sunday or Monday i do think im getting to old for this shit but yet again i have started to book for this year snigger

Update Reply
kaycat @ 02/05/2014 11:47  

i love it i love the camping i love the music(that we can have really loud coz we can) i love the people,the bikes,the freedom of getting away for the weekend.its just awsomeness in itself.and you get to meet the best people at rallies i dont do track days as it just doesnt float me boat.i love riding trials bikes and as not all rallies are just in the middle of a field theres pubs and places to eat etc thrown in its mint

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 02/05/2014 13:01  

Did the rallies to death in the late 80's all through 90's, first one was 85 , I was 15 and borrowed mates RD to go - naughty, brilliant fun they were too, kind of lost interest throughout 2000-2010 except the odd one or two but attended a few last year and you really can't beat a good rally

Update Reply
ExupRichR1 @ 02/05/2014 16:31  

lol just read the title of the thread oppps i do rally so should not have posted in here

Update Reply
kaycat @ 02/05/2014 17:47  

I love camping , I love riding my bike . I still camp feb thru nov.

I started rallying in the seventies coz all my mates did.

Preferred the European bike tours and tne weekend camping and riding trips.

A field full of drunks listening to some sort of heavy metal , or whatever they call it now, doesn't appeal. It's a marmite thing.

Mind you , it could also be an age thing, or a lack of hallucegenics thing. Coz I can remember some amazing acid and mushroom fueled rallies .

Just say NO , my @rse . Had several wonderful decades lol .

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 02/05/2014 20:47  

Must admit that KISS will only be my 3rd. (Did Farmyard last year and ITtV a couple of years before that.)
It's not the camping that puts me off, did loads with Scouts as a youngster and also before kids and when kids were young; and I like to think I'm pretty good at it.
It's just that I'd rather spend my bike time riding/touring with plenty of social stops, than sitting in a field all weekend getting pissed on bad beer and listening to someone else's choice of badly played music.
I'm hoping KISS will be different?

Update Reply
Richard T @ 02/05/2014 21:26  

Done loads of rally's but now...
Still like the camping and the general event
But....
Sick of " let's pretend" bands. I like to hear original stuff not some pathetic impersonation act!

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 02/05/2014 22:00  

I do go to rallies, been going to them since I were a wee lassie of 16, just haven't been to one in a wee while (couple years now) Love the music, the bikes, the noise, the chaos, the stalls, the beer tents (woohoo) the people and the whole atmosphere However I love my home comforts now and after all the partying ends I have to retire to a proper bed in a BnB....cannot stick camping anymore but kudos to those who do And as someone else said biking is not all about rallies BUT it is fun

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/05/2014 23:12  

I've only been to a Couple of Bike Rallies and they were great fun (KISS being one), the main reason I don't go is that I work weekends!

I can't say that I like the Tent side of it though as my Battered and abused body needs a little more comfort nowadays, hence the reason I usually take my van to sleep in when I go away and roll the bike out of the back and ride for hours!

Update Reply
Viking Tel @ 03/05/2014 05:50  

Just prefer to be on the move ,going from place to place on the open roads, surrounded by vast open landscapes free from congestion and the stresses of everyday life. The thought of being stuck in one place for a couple of days with masses of people and noise , getting hammered ,is not something I'd fancy theses days. Maybe a few years ago when I used to drink a lot more, but not now. In saying that , I'd like to make it to the TT someday, but that to me is different .(apart from the masses of people and noise lol)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/05/2014 12:49  

Comfy bed and an en-suite or a sleeping bag and sharing loos and showers with 100s of people I don't know......ooh its a hard choice

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 03/05/2014 18:45  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email