MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

autumn camp

autumn camp  (2) - Forums [Biker Match] autumn camp  (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

autumn camp

Just remembered . I'm off to The Cotton Arms in cheshire near the canal in Wrenbury. It's a pub campsite and if enough book and turn up the pub do a bbq . Nice place , good grub.

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 19/04/2014 18:42  

have had a look at moth and it looks good need to look at cotton arms again as it didn't look like they had camping must make sure ive looked at the right one would do tan hill bill but want to try a new venue if possible. dustin what im hoping for from this weekend is a good chill out camp with nice people Friday night drinks and chinwag with rideout Saturday followed by carvery and drinks Saturday night just hope we can get enough interested to make it work

Jackie would love my mrs to come but weekends are difficult for her as she works

Update Reply
Jaffa @ 22/04/2014 02:15  

I think we should camp in Jaffas garden that way Mrs Jaffa can join us lol

Its always a bit hit and miss over numbers when your organising something, the weather, the date, other events the same weekend, all play a part in how many actually turn up vs how many say they are going.

Best advice I can give is don't commit to numbers with the folks at the venue and don't rely on X amount of folk turning up to cover any costs you may incur or you might find yourself out of pocket.

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 22/04/2014 10:22  

I vote for jaffa's back garden and home cooked food . Sounds perfect , just clear all your furniture into storage if the weather is bad . Leave the stereo and bbq. Also , for people to enjoy the full camping experience . A box of nails to peg the tents onto your floor boards would be useful lol x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 22/04/2014 14:25  

if I had enough space I would have a party weekend if shed let me but small house small garden. Jackie if we have a squires xmas lunch this year I will try to talk the mrs into coming with me

the weekend is just a camp for drinks and a rideout to chill out and relax at end of camping season don't matter how many or how few as long as we enjoy it will be posting dates as soon as my boss tells me which weekend I can have off will then see if we get enough people to make it happen
I will go somewhere on me todd if nobody else fancies a camp weekend

Update Reply
Jaffa @ 25/04/2014 23:40  

Count me in Jaffa

Update Reply
SlowGoose @ 26/04/2014 00:04  

nice one andy will post the dates and venue in the next couple of weeks

Update Reply
Jaffa @ 26/04/2014 00:17  

Update Reply
Emzed @ 26/04/2014 00:19  

well we are in especially if you choose the moth and lantern cos we liked it there

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 26/04/2014 07:16  

I'm interested. The m&l looks OK and reasonably central for all it been in the middle of the country.
What's the riding like round there?

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 26/04/2014 18:00  

the roads are fantastic steve some really good riding roads

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 26/04/2014 18:27  

I've had a look on the map. It's far enough away from the the Peak district national (car) park so that's a good start lol.
When are we going then?

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 26/04/2014 18:33  

I'd like to come too, haven't looked up the moth place to see where it is but anywhere closer to north of the border is only a few hours away from yorkshire is only 3 hours away but realise even though we think we live in a small country it still takes some travelling to get from A to B and realise few of you further down. Lakes or even Northumberland have some lovely places to visit.Hard to please us all ay Jaffa xx

Update Reply
teenybash @ 29/04/2014 09:49  

I fancy this trip, however if it is the first weekend in October it clashes with RTTW, unless we can combine the two?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/04/2014 14:44  

@teenybash
Northumberland rocks, brilliant roads and scenery.
But when I tried to organise a camp there last year it failed through lack of interest
But if anyone is interested... well another camp is always welcome in my books It'll need to be another thread though, it's kinda impolite tp hijack someones thread!

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 29/04/2014 20:11  

ok guys looking at the 3rd October to the 5th at the moth and lantern as its the only weekend I can get off

steve if we don't get enough interest in this Northumberland would be a good alternative so please keep it in mind

it looks like a few are interested and the M and L looks good for a camp

Update Reply
Jaffa @ 29/04/2014 23:40  

those dates are good for me im up for it

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 30/04/2014 06:02  

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 30/04/2014 19:50  

ooooh steve you lost for words??

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 30/04/2014 21:29  

Jaffa I will see if I can get the time off work, auditors should have finished annoying me by then lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 30/04/2014 22:33  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email