MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

A494 North Wales - watch yourself guys, just in time for the bank holiday!!

A494 North Wales - watch yourself guys, just in time for the bank holiday!! (2) - Forums [Biker Match] A494 North Wales - watch yourself guys, just in time for the bank holiday!! (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

A494 North Wales - watch yourself guys, just in time for the bank holiday!!

It's the petty stuff that gets me, being fined for a slightly undersize number plate, it was clearly visible, he wrote the reg down without having a second look ...........and yes I know it's illegal, I just accepted it in case he took a closer look at the cans

Update Reply
Imola72 @ 20/04/2014 09:34  

Julestools, ...

"The problem is too many inconsiderate car drivers on the road who are just not focused on their driving (and some bikers who ride like twats and think it's cool)"

That's just what I said earlier

And you're NEVER too old

I72 ... I have to agree with you about the numberplate thing

How many cars do you see getting pulled over for "illegal font" plates

If that doesn't amount to discrimination I don't know what does

It seems that we are an easy target for "instant revenue"

Stopping a bike on a busy road doesn't hold up the traffic as much I suspect

As for the "aftermarket" zorsts ...

If we aren't being "antisocial" with them why prosecute

As far as the police being "fit for purpose" regarding theft or burglary ...

I find it can be a bit of a "postcode lottery"

But generally speaking there is just too much "other" crime to deal with which diverts resources

Update Reply
Emzed @ 20/04/2014 09:49  

I'm with you there Emzed, as for the zorsts, well if they don't see me they hear me and I behave in built up areas, high gear low revs. They always seem to single out lone riders, while I was being booked there were packs of bikes hurtling past us, I was in Cheshire on the way to Shrewsbury but it was "Reclaim North Wales" day and I guess they had it in for us

Update Reply
Imola72 @ 20/04/2014 10:05  

Why fit a smaller/illigal plate? Is it a vanity thing? And I changed the can on the Gaytona for a quieter one.... much to No1 son's disgust, because it was drawring attention But i do like to ride my bike in my comfort zone... which over the cat used to be mid 60s... Next time i'll go on the Enfield and hold up traffic

Update Reply
Julestools @ 20/04/2014 10:23  

The original stuck out like a barn door and just irritated me, nothing wrong with loud pipes as long as you're considerate IMHO

Update Reply
Imola72 @ 20/04/2014 10:44  

I had loud pipes on the T100R Daytona.... when I was a lad I had to push it to the end of the road when leaving the girlfriends house at three in the morning to save upsetting the neighbours.... good times I married her eventually She's dead now Only the good die young..... I'll live forever

Update Reply
Julestools @ 20/04/2014 11:02  

Actually , not such a big presence , all piggy bank vans in obvious places and in towns and villages which is fine

Update Reply
ExupRichR1 @ 22/04/2014 21:02  

Does anyone know the penalty/fine for loud pipes ?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/04/2014 00:48  

Julestools....what's a gaytona?

Update Reply
BlueYam @ 23/04/2014 08:58  

Well it was once a Daytona but it's more a Speedy now but with a single headlight...... It's a very gay shade of yellow... Not as gay as the nuclear red (pink) option but it does match my dress

Update Reply
Julestools @ 24/04/2014 06:34  

nice answer lol

Update Reply
BlueYam @ 24/04/2014 12:21  

I try BlueYam :-) xx

Update Reply
Julestools @ 24/04/2014 20:42  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email