MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Gsxr master cylinder recall

Gsxr master cylinder recall - Forums [Biker Match] Gsxr master cylinder recall - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Gsxr master cylinder recall

Do you think it's reasonable that the dealer I contacted to have my master cylinder replaced wants to charge me £30 because I have aftermarket braided brake lines fitted and they say it's harder to bleed brakes with braided hoses,
I am being unreasonable to expect them to do what is a Suzuki safety recall FOC regardless of what hoses are fitted ?

Update Reply
firebladepaul37 @ 10/04/2014 11:10  

IMHO that's absolute

Try another dealer

If you don't get a satisfactory answer, then contact Suzuki GB

Braided or not, the hoses only do the same job

Why would it make the swapping of a master cylinder more difficult

I think the dealer is just "trying it on"

But a quick phone call to Suzuki should settle the matter

Update Reply
Emzed @ 10/04/2014 11:51  

Agree with Emzed, spherical objects! The banjo bolts should be identical and the copper wasbers they should replace should also be just the same.

Update Reply
Richard T @ 10/04/2014 12:56  

That's what I thought it's not the first time I've had issues with the same dealer, I've already contacted another dealer , just said I needed to bring it in for the recall and said it's got braided hoses on it they said no problems, sorted

Update Reply
firebladepaul37 @ 10/04/2014 14:02  

Just goes to show not all dealers show the same duty of care

Update Reply
firebladepaul37 @ 10/04/2014 14:03  

At a guess I dont think dealers are well paid by manufacturers for warranty or recall work, so the unscrupulous ones will look for any excuse to increase their takings from the gullible owner, which you're obviously not! Well done!

Update Reply
Richard T @ 10/04/2014 16:26  

Well done for not falling for this dealer's BS. How about naming and shaming so we can all take avoiding action?

I agree that the factories probably don't pay their dealers very well to do recall work. I had a bad experience some years ago when Kawasaki were rectifying the carb icing problem - remember carburettors? I put my GPZ500S in to Lloyd Cooper in Watford who replaced the float bowls with heated ones. When I picked up the bike, it was running rough and there was a metallic clonk from under the tank every time I went over a bump. When I checked, the carbs were 6 cm (not mm) out and the clonk was from one of the tank positioning rubbers missing. The 'work' had clearly been hurried and not undertaken properly. I pointed it out to the dealer and demanded my rubber back declining offers to fix the problem since I had done so already. Surprisingly they are still in business today.

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 10/04/2014 16:54  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email