MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Member recognition?

Member recognition? - Forums [Biker Match] Member recognition? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Member recognition?

How do BM members recognise each other when meeting on an un-planned occasion, e.g. a general bike meet or other event. There are so many of us we can't be expected to recognise each other by remembering photos! So is there a BM equivalent of the red carnation in the buttonhole? Patch, pin badge,tee shirt, helmet sticker,etc? Ideally something transferable? (I have several different sets of riding gear depending on the season/weather?) If nothing at present, how adout a competition to design something suitable?

Update Reply
Richard T @ 21/03/2014 05:59  

How about a cap with BM logo and user name?

Update Reply
Imola72 @ 21/03/2014 09:38  

Why not just attend the BM KISS annual rally? it is a member only event so only BM'ers will be there! alternatively, check out the events calendar and look to see who else is attending, check profiles for photo ID and bike recognition and turn up. This is how it has been done previously, rally t-shirts and hoodies are available for those going to the KISS and can be worn at other events as a form of identity. Rally patches have been discussed but as yet nothing has been decided to date that I am aware of. Many people from this site have managed to make arrangements to meet up with other members with a very high degree of success, it is just a matter of getting yourself out there and making an effort to approach those you recognise.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/03/2014 11:04  

here here @ 66
ill be the one that looks like me

Update Reply
kaycat @ 21/03/2014 11:14  

yes chaps, Kaycat is easily recognisable, she is the one who is constantly in a state of giddiness and may at times appear to be.......erm.....unhinged! lmao

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/03/2014 11:17  

That makes a nice change I won't be getting a slap for that remark
Tee shirts and other stuff is available for those that would like it contact brummie Jackie for info

Update Reply
JP @ 21/03/2014 11:35  

I try to swap a mobile number if meeting totally new people, but then I need to be able to hear and answer if they use it!

Sorry Mojojojo was too late picking up your message the other week, must do it again.
Apparently, 'look out for the noisiest fruit loops there' wasn't sufficient , we were too well behaved

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 21/03/2014 11:45  

I just wear my stoopid hat and wahey, a smile! I have been known to loiter around the bar in Squires (with Karey!) on occasions, checking folk out and asking random people if they were the person we were waiting for ... errmmm it worked eventually ... It' a good ice breaker too, even if they aren't BM-ers!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 21/03/2014 12:50  

BM logo username stuff available via me :-)

Some pics on my profile

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 21/03/2014 13:03  

Tis ok JP, I won't be getting slapped for my remark about Kaycat as it was in fact I who correctly diagnosedher as being.......unhinged! hahaha

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/03/2014 14:45  

So it's is all your fault then 66

Update Reply
JP @ 21/03/2014 17:21  

Guilty as charged JP.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/03/2014 18:13  

@66 - please re-read my original question, then look up the definition of "unplanned"? :-)

@brummie jackie: seen pics, like the logo! Please post detail of items available, sizes, prices etc? Thanks!

Update Reply
Richard T @ 22/03/2014 21:15  

No need to get snotty newbie, I was just trying to help but there you go.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/03/2014 21:27  

Unplanned that's something to do with child maintenance I think

Update Reply
JP @ 22/03/2014 21:45  

I've been a member since 2009 I can honestly say that I only "recognise" about 40% of BMers In my opinion, this is due mainly to folk not resembling their profile photo As human beings we are blessed genetically with the ability to recognise faces "from birth" Babies can even recognise their mothers upside down So if your profile photo isn't a good likeness you've little chance of being spotted as who you are, even amongst a crowd of exclusively BM members Whether YOU like the way you look now isn't important You have to ask yourself, would you be recognised by someone who's never met you but seen your photo Richard, I've no doubt that your photo is a good likeness And on the subject of ID patches etc. as Jax has said it's work in progress but not a top priority item That's my 2 pennorth

Update Reply
Emzed @ 22/03/2014 22:00  

should I put my two Penarth in NO

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/03/2014 22:07  

Getting bored now!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/03/2014 22:10  

o I'm with you 66

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/03/2014 22:13  

Play nicely children.