MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Extra BM Events Organisers needed

Extra BM Events Organisers needed - Forums [Biker Match] Extra BM Events Organisers needed - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Extra BM Events Organisers needed

Hi all as the summertime approaches we are looking to dramatically increase our events team with some new fresh energy. If you regularly organise biking events in your neighbourhood - from small ride outs, BBQs, pub visits etc... up to festival level.... then we want to hear from you. Please help us compile the most extensive motorcycling events calendar in the UK. Volunteers from all over the UK are needed - particularly around the outskirts and corners of the UK. If you're interested in putting your name down, please email me via the Contact page.... http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/misc/contact.asp?e...l_to=admin ThanksMattBM Admin

Update Reply
Matt @ 18/03/2014 20:48  

come on folks you want to go to the events so why not help out

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 25/03/2014 03:16  

I responded by PM over a week ago - no reply yet?

Update Reply
Richard T @ 25/03/2014 14:44  

Hi @RichardT, it sometimes takes a while for Matt to get round to opening PM's ... busy bloke but then again aint we all? (in our own way!)

I have no doubt he will get to it. Just stop hopping from foot to foot with giddiness, have a cuppa and a bikkie instead - much more civilised and definitely not as energetic

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 25/03/2014 15:28  

No worries, I'm chilled. Chatted to Matt about other matters, forgot he would be dealing with this too. Delegation?

Update Reply
Richard T @ 25/03/2014 18:05  

He says that a lot these days Bill, think there may be a touch of laryngitis going about.

Hope you feel better soon Dusty, don't bring anything contagious along to Dent please.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 27/03/2014 12:35  

The empty post was a cock up on Opera mini (phone). This is Opera Mobile (also phone).

It should have read .

I volunteered about a year ago , no reply.

BUT for the record.

I've put a few events on . The most successful being

Lochness the prequel .

In times gone by I've organised full blown rallies , rock nights, fireworks parties, European touring hols for up to twenty riders plus pillions.

I've never been on a civilian aircraft . For the last fourty years all my holidays have been on two or four wheels mostly on the continent.

With my bike I enjoy twisty roads , good scenery, camping, bbqs and campfires .

With my car I enjoy Twisty roads, good scenery, camping, bbqs and campfires.

I don't really go to many bike rallies anymore. Just one or two local ones to catch up with friends. For the majority of attendees a bike or a car wouldn't alter the weekend . Park up friday , get ratted all wknd , go home sunday.

I believe bike events are for bikers on bikes.

The BM policy is bike events are open to car drivers and the general public.

As I don't support this . I am not eligible to be a BM organiser .lol.

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 27/03/2014 12:48  

Darn it Dusty, a cracking CV and then you blow it at the end by saying you pretty much don't want the job anyway!

Keep on doing what you're doing - that's what counts more than any 'title'.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 28/03/2014 09:33  

I have tried to organise meets/rideouts here in Dorset, NewForest but virtually no response

except for 3 girls Clank, MaggieL and Gixerchic1

I keep trying

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/03/2014 07:59  

Well done android, I reckon 3:1 a damn good success! :-)

Update Reply
Richard T @ 29/03/2014 13:45  

I take the approach of just announcing I am doing something and your all welcome along.
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
But provided I enjoy myself I class it as a success :-)

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 29/03/2014 20:08  

With you on that one Steve

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/03/2014 21:58  

Hi Steve , ya forgot to mention that next week is ,,,,,,

A BIGGER DENT WEEKEND lol

see you there xx

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 29/03/2014 22:00  

Well said Steve, I operate similarly.
I've organised many day rides, several long weekends, and a couple of continental tours. I try to make them interesting and provide full route information so riders don't have to stay 'in convoy' if they don't want to. We still meet up at refreshment stops or photo opportunities.
(Being restricted to the speed of the slowest or those who can't be bothered to navigate for themselves sometimes spoils the ride for others?)
Those who come along always enjoy themselves, those who don't miss out!

Update Reply
Richard T @ 31/03/2014 09:53  

Nobody misses out if they in fact didn't want to attend in the first place. Please explain how someone could miss out on something they didn't desire seeing or going too?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/03/2014 11:29  

@Richard T
(Being restricted to the speed of the slowest or those who can't be bothered to navigate for themselves sometimes spoils the ride for others?)

Can I just ask why, if you're organising a group ride out these particular people have been singled out. as I find it a bit dismissive of them TBH?

What if the 'slowest' riders are new riders still gaining confidence and needing the support and understanding of those around them?

And what if those who 'can't be bothered to navigate' actually have a real problem doing this, and are thankful to have others to ride along with?

I thought group ride outs were just that.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/03/2014 12:06  

I quite happily organise rides out, however as I am new to doing them, and to riding, i think its best to have local knowledge when it comes to route planning.

I am lucky that there are many members who glady will sort out the best most enjoyable routes (plumbski, vrod, stuie, imola72, to name a few). I also stress that the rides are for all levels of riding experience, that way nobody is pushed to ride beyond their capabilities, as this is when mistakes can be made. Also there are members who will back ride (vrod) quite happily if there is a need.

Personally, I am one of the slower riders and prefer to ride mid pack as I get stressed out having to navigate on roads I don't know, i get lost really easily and means I can concentrate on improving my riding skills.

I would hate anyone who turns up at something I have set up to feel they are holding up or spoiling it for others, the aim is for everyone of all levels of experience to have a good day out.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 31/03/2014 14:45  

The whole point of being an official BM organiser is to organise an event for everyone . Bike friendly, L plate friendly, child friendly , car friendly and even horse and cart friendly if that's what's required.

It is not about doing your own thing . It's about service to others.

A five star hotel has certain standards.

An official BM event should also have certain standards.

The least of which is that ALL are treated equally and ALL attendees needs are catered for.

Every person attending should be given the opportunity of having a good time .

Every person attending should feel included , not excluded.

We are BIKERMATCH and we look after our own.

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 31/03/2014 14:55  

"We are BIKERMATCH and we look after our own" WOW Dusty, that's some "nutshell"

Update Reply
Emzed @ 31/03/2014 15:51  

Cool statement Dusty, THAT can go on a T shirt.

Regarding the whole speed thing I have a rule of always regathering whenever we turn off the road we're traveling on.

That way people don't get lost or abandoned and if anyone breaks down they know someone will come back to find them shortly.

It's not usually that there is too much speed differential, it's the overtaking traffic that splits people up.

Mind you if you insist on buggering off into the distance and take a wrong turning that's your problem

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 31/03/2014 18:06  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email