MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

New Feature - Improved Private Messages System

New Feature - Improved Private Messages System (5) - Forums [Biker Match] New Feature - Improved Private Messages System (5) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

New Feature - Improved Private Messages System

Ok old messages are now showing up again, so maybe not to bad now lol.

Update Reply
FireStorm-X @ 31/03/2014 14:23  

All working fine now in IE8 All correspondence has become available again I dont mind the new sytem/layout It does have some advantages over the old system But is it only possible to delete all correspondence with a person, & not individual messages Or am I missing something All buttons, name boxes & messages are in "square" format But they are all working as I would expect The only thing missing for me is the message "title" and maybe some font options & emoticons But it does the job for now so I'll "go with the flow" Stick at it Matt, we should soon arrive in the 21st century

Update Reply
Emzed @ 31/03/2014 16:44  

Emz - I asked Matt yesterday re having the ability to delete single messages, and he told me it is a work in progress!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/03/2014 16:46  

Thanks for the "heads up" PB

Update Reply
Emzed @ 31/03/2014 16:50  

@ Emz.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/03/2014 18:25  

Boss Man I am loving it :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 31/03/2014 18:31  

Matt,
If .jpg attachments are going to be problematic then forget I asked! There is always another way, such as uploading pics to photobucket or similar, then sending a link. This works for albums and slideshows as well as individual pics.

Another request:
Could we please have all references to Quorn Sausages automatically hidden prior to the 9pm watershed - wouldn't want to pollute the minds of any younger members with such rubbish.
Lincolnshire Sausage Forever!

Update Reply
Richard T @ 31/03/2014 19:14  

Personally I dont see any problem with the old fashioned way of looking at pics, by clicking on a profile and rummaging through the images folk want you to view.
I take your licolnshire sausages and beat the living hell out of them a Polish Kielbasa!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/03/2014 20:10  

i like looking a pic ;) 6

Update Reply
kaycat @ 31/03/2014 20:20  

Better not mention Lynda McCartney's veggie burgers then.....

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 31/03/2014 20:20  

Likewise KC, always invigorating!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/03/2014 20:37  

My mate is a butcher and makes his own Lincolnshire sausages. Trouble was no one would buy them up here in Yorkshire, so he changed their name to Old English Herb and now he can't make enough. Personally I love his pork and caramelised onion with red pepper sausages, lovely!

Update Reply
red_daytona @ 31/03/2014 21:15  

i like a nice sausage i do

Update Reply
kaycat @ 31/03/2014 21:55  

Im gutted, totally gutted. Whilst @stuie was in hospital last year, i sent him a PM every day, a sort of diary, to enable him to catch up with things once he came out of his coma.

I had been saving them for sentimental reasons n i often looked back on them as they were filled with love, laughter and tears. They appear to have all gone!

Im not a happy bunny. If we had been warned even a day or so before i would have copied n pasted them into word format so that i knew they were safe. ((Sad))

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 31/03/2014 23:26  

That's really sad Linz

But very odd too

I've got PM's going back to when I 1st joined

& that was 2009

I'm sure they're not "lost" just not "visible" for some reason

I'm sure Matt will "investigate"

Update Reply
Emzed @ 31/03/2014 23:38  

Linz I have just had a look at mine and if you click on (all convos ) at the bottom of the list there all there I have some from pre 2010. just look up the name

If I can find them anybody can

Update Reply
JP @ 31/03/2014 23:53  

i hzve all mine baxk to 201o hugs xx

Update Reply
kaycat @ 01/04/2014 00:16  

Emzed is correct, it's just a "view". All the data is still there behind, but the view just takes the first (100 I think) messages to display (newest first).

Some time during this week or next it will be possible to load all your old messages. So when you get to the last message it will allow you to load the next 100, and so on until all the messages are loaded.
For the time being I will increase the limit so you should have access to it. Is 200 messages enough?

Update Reply
Matt @ 01/04/2014 15:50  

It's nice to know I'm "correct" occasionally posted with IE8

Update Reply
Emzed @ 01/04/2014 16:06  

Silly question... why do I get a pop up window telling me to use a newer Internet explorer version when I am using explorer 10...?

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 01/04/2014 18:28  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email