MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Hot off the press...

Hot off the press... - Forums [Biker Match] Hot off the press... - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Hot off the press...

...we all read the news (biking and non-biking related). We all watch TV. We all talk in the pubs. ....So... if you have anything good worth discussing, THEN POST UP A TOPIC! Let's get some good laughs going, and make good use of the forum where possible.

Update Reply
Matt @ 20/09/2007 16:10  

George Clooney fractures rib in bike accident Film star George Clooney fractured a rib and his girlfriend broke her foot when the two were knocked off his motorcycle by a car in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">New Jersey</st1:place></st1:State> on Friday, the actor's spokesman said.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> Clooney, 46, and his companion, Sarah Larson, were treated for their injuries at the Palisades Medical Centre, across the Hudson River from <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Manhattan</st1:place></st1:City>, and were released, spokesman Stan Rosenfield said.<o:p></o:p> "He was treated for a hairline fracture of a rib and road rash," he said. Larson, who was a passenger on the motorcycle ridden by Clooney, suffered a broken foot. Both were wearing helmets.<o:p></o:p> Rosenfield said the accident occurred when a motorist signalled a left-hand turn, but turned right and struck Clooney's motorcycle. The publicist said he did not know whether the driver of the car was cited for the accident.<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p>

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/09/2007 07:20  

I have been on holiday. I had to share a room the size of a telephone kiosk with a father who snores, farts and makes noises in the night. (No sleep for a week) I fell into a rock pool head first in front of hundreds of laughing holiday makers. I was attacked by a swarm of wasps, (Still having nightmares) I was chatted up by a lovely lady (it doesn't happen often) but I had my dad with me and he wanted to get back to his room, he said. "I think she was chatting you up son. You want to be more careful" Geezus at my age I don't want to be bloody careful!!!! The weather was wet (very) and windy (very). Oh, the food was ok.

Update Reply
rubecula @ 22/09/2007 07:27  

LMAO rube, what you doin goin away with your dad for at your age anyway??? u still livin at home? lol the rock pool had me in stitches, would pay good money to see that. still chuckling. poor rube. xx lula xx

Update Reply
lula @ 22/09/2007 07:45  

It was my turn to look after him LOL He is 80 and needs someone to be with him. Although 24/7 is a bit of overkill.

Update Reply
rubecula @ 22/09/2007 07:59  

if he's 80 the last thing he needs is to be watching you fallin into rock pools and bein attacked by wasps. ROFL, u tryin to kill him off?? only jokin rube xx lula xx

Update Reply
lula @ 22/09/2007 08:12  

well Rube, we all learn by experience I guess and hindsight is a wonderful thing lmao!!! You know what to expect next time (if there ever is one!!) and as your dad says......................."you'd better be careful"!!! rofl!!!! elderly parents uh? been there done that got the t-shirt and now they've all gone......................omg do I miss em and wish they woz ere!!! I guess at the very least it makes you look forward to and appreciate coming home and your own space tho uh?? Sandy x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/09/2007 09:08  

Welcome back rube, good to have you and your humour back. Sounds like uv had a great time tho haha. And you're supposed to start new topics/discussions about news etc, thats the whole point. Maybe i should have put a different subject

Update Reply
Matt @ 22/09/2007 10:10  

Matt said:Let's get some good laughs going, and make good use of the forum where possible. Matt, there isn't often anything FUNNY in the NEWS, Rube is our resident 'Funny News' reporter lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/09/2007 10:22  

no no no - the whole point of this topic is to remind everyone to CREATE new topics as well as replying to them. Get reading the news, posting things here for discussion and get the site more active

Update Reply
Matt @ 22/09/2007 11:43  

CREATE? Now I is confused again, I thought you wanted us to post factual stuff? I keep posting stuff. I've been adding to the calendar, and the newsletter. Tie a broom to me harris and I'll sweep up for ya ROFL

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/09/2007 13:03  

haha - that would be funny to see. PS: This topic aint titled: "Kwak start some topics"!

Update Reply
Matt @ 22/09/2007 14:30  

Matt said: - This topic aint titled: "Kwak start some topics"! the whole point of this topic is to remind everyone to CREATE new topics Ah, I see...so I'm not included in the 'everyone' category? Glad we cleared that up. (and they call ME bonkers!) ROFL

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/09/2007 19:08  

Ok here is some news I created earlier. According to our roving reporter in North Wales who shall remain nameless (Rubecula) it is now a legal requirement for riders to carry a dog turd on the back of the bike. It never beats you an the back to tell you to slow down... thereby causing you to have an accident. So it is safer than a pillion. Further tests show that the fresher it is the better weapon it makes for smearing on gatsos, police cars windscreens and steering wheels of open topped saabs which seem to think they own the road. This law was passed today by a small brown mongrel. (See I can create a news story for you)

Update Reply
rubecula @ 22/09/2007 20:23  

hahaha - very funny. Think I saw the same story on BBC (i wish! U shud be an MP Rube lol)

Update Reply
Matt @ 23/09/2007 08:04  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email