MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

leaking left boot

leaking left boot - Forums [Biker Match] leaking left boot - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

leaking left boot

any advice.....discovered this morning that my left boot has started leaking, making for a lovely journey into work. Can't really justify getting another pair so is there a way of waterproofing them in the meantime. Not sure where they are leaking, all the seams look ok, no holes or anything obvious. ta

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 23/01/2014 13:51  

plastic bag over your foot & in the boot? Best I can think of that's relatively cheap.

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 23/01/2014 14:56  

HFG is quite right Jo, I used bread bags myself as they've no holes But I now use this stuff http://www.nikwax.co.uk/en-us/products/productdetail.ph...abricid=-1 It can be applied direct onto "wet" boots & gloves I can recommend all Nikwax leather & fabric waterproofing products Only trouble with placcy bags on yer feet, is they can make em sweat So you end up wi wet feet anyway Maybe it's significant, that it's yer "left" boot that's leakin As that's the one which "flexes" most due to gear changing So maybe the area around where yer boot makes contact wi the gear lever is the culprit

Update Reply
Emzed @ 23/01/2014 16:29  

ooh ta, will look see tonight.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 23/01/2014 16:56  

Just about every pair of boots I've ever owned whether claimed waterproof or not the left boot would always leak first you'd think these people who make motorcycle boots would have solved this by now!

Update Reply
cyclemania @ 23/01/2014 19:03  

Sealskin socks... the only option once a boot gives up the ghost.
Other than a new pair of boots.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 23/01/2014 21:20  

oxford do waterproof breathable socks

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 23/01/2014 21:45  

Mmmm there is a thought waterproof socks......

Emzed, looking at the boot I think it is where I change gear, which is the price of cummuting I guess....sigh.

Thanks to everyone for the advice.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 23/01/2014 22:34  

Wrap some Gaffer tape round it, use it for commuting and buy a "best" pair

I72

Update Reply
Imola72 @ 24/01/2014 11:26  

Put yer high heels on lol!!

Update Reply
mick696 @ 25/01/2014 09:38  

stop dragging your foot in the puddles on lefthanders Emzed has given you a good tip it works

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/01/2014 16:27  

If its leaking on stitching rub a wax candel or crayon into the stitching so it fills the holes and along the joint

Update Reply
JP @ 25/01/2014 19:25  

Ta everybody

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 25/01/2014 19:41  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email