MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Ride out to Cumbria/Lakes

Ride out to Cumbria/Lakes (6) - Forums [Biker Match] Ride out to Cumbria/Lakes (6) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Ride out to Cumbria/Lakes

I was never away, just lurking ........OK maybe a slight diversion.

Just don't promise anything Italian and expensive or I'll be bringing something pink for you to wear

Update Reply
Imola72 @ 13/06/2014 09:02  

Pmsl @Imola. I will have you know i wear my pink toed slippers all the time - Thanks Pump Monky x

Sooo you dont frighten me with your pink threats ** sticks tongue out n heads for the hills**

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 13/06/2014 10:41  

Pink toed slippers eh, the mind boggles

Update Reply
Imola72 @ 13/06/2014 12:27  

ya can dangle anything in front of me as long as it falls into the following categories.
1. sparkly objects 2. food (cake, biscuits, cheese, ice cream, crisps) 3. chocolate 4. Cider. Come on people, it will be a good day out for sure

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 13/06/2014 12:40  

Perhaps not pink toed, more like pink slippers with toes

It's gonna be a blast, get ya names down on the Events page, Go on, you KNOW you want to

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 13/06/2014 13:27  

will try and do this as its just before my big trip

Update Reply
potnoodles @ 14/06/2014 00:33  

@pots ... We will set off from Stuie's house if thats the case, then we can get lost together or not as the case maybe. It will be good to see you both. Always assuming my knackered body has decided to play nice again, of course!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 14/06/2014 10:06  

not long for this one.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 15/06/2014 09:12  

Suggested meeting point:Tickled Trout ServicesPreston New RoadSamlesburyPrestonLancashirePR5 0UJAccessible from A59 and M6.29 June 2014Times to be confirmed suggest 10.00 -10.30Take the A59 towards Clitheroe.Then a choice of routes depending on time and weather conditions.EITHER:A682 Long PrestonA65 Kirby LonsdaleOR:"From Tickled Trout head E on A59, turn L at lights onto B6245 to Ribchester, then Longridge but turn R before town onto B6243 at Corporation Arms. Follow this into Clitheroe, past train station then L onto B6478 towards Waddington. Continue to Newton-in-Bowland, bear L through village to Dunsop Bridge then R after DB. This road takes you up a valley onto the moor ( v pretty) past jubilee tower. When you start to drop off the moor there is a steepish descent to a crossroad at Dolphinholme turn R ( think its signposted to Queernmoor) keep on to a nasty T junction, Turn R to Caton. T at Caton turn R onto A683 to Hornby then Melling, watch out for L sharp bend immediately after bridge over river following a nice straight. Turn L at T junction and Devils Bridge is about 500 yds on the right."(As suggested by Slowgoose)THEN:From Devils Bridge (Kirkby Lonsdale)Take A683 heading NorthTurn right at Junction of A685 - through Kirkby Stephen to BroughTurn left at junction onto A66 through Appleby-in-Westmorland towards PenrithAt island take 4th exit A686 to Hartside Top

Update Reply
Imola72 @ 16/06/2014 10:55  

Bump

Update Reply
Imola72 @ 18/06/2014 20:20  

Bumping up. not long now folks.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 20/06/2014 12:28  

Probably going up into Cumbria to pick up a pilly then on to Hartside lunchtime ish so catch you all there.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/06/2014 00:26  

Any prizes for guessing who ya picking up @gs?! Lol.

Icecream will be a requirement en route ...

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 23/06/2014 14:55  

Suggested meeting point:Tickled Trout ServicesPreston New RoadSamlesburyPrestonLancashirePR5 0UJAccessible from A59 and M6.29 June 2014Times to be confirmed suggest 10.00 -10.30Take the A59 towards Clitheroe.Then a choice of routes depending on time and weather conditions.EITHER:A682 Long PrestonA65 Kirby LonsdaleOR:"From Tickled Trout head E on A59, turn L at lights onto B6245 to Ribchester, then Longridge but turn R before town onto B6243 at Corporation Arms. Follow this into Clitheroe, past train station then L onto B6478 towards Waddington. Continue to Newton-in-Bowland, bear L through village to Dunsop Bridge then R after DB. This road takes you up a valley onto the moor ( v pretty) past jubilee tower. When you start to drop off the moor there is a steepish descent to a crossroad at Dolphinholme turn R ( think its signposted to Queernmoor) keep on to a nasty T junction, Turn R to Caton. T at Caton turn R onto A683 to Hornby then Melling, watch out for L sharp bend immediately after bridge over river following a nice straight. Turn L at T junction and Devils Bridge is about 500 yds on the right."(As suggested by Slowgoose)THEN:From Devils Bridge (Kirkby Lonsdale)Take A683 heading NorthTurn right at Junction of A685 - through Kirkby Stephen to BroughTurn left at junction onto A66 through Appleby-in-Westmorland towards PenrithAt island take 4th exit A686 to Hartside Top

Update Reply
Imola72 @ 24/06/2014 11:33  

Meeting with the Northern Northerners http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_detai...4436

Update Reply
Imola72 @ 24/06/2014 12:04  

Sorry guys, not gonna make this as going up to Glasgow to collect a car !!! and over night stop..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/06/2014 19:01  

Looking forward to seeing you guys

Update Reply
madscots @ 25/06/2014 00:11  

Suggested meeting point:

Tickled Trout Services
Preston New Road
Samlesbury
Preston
Lancashire
PR5 0UJ

Accessible from A59 and M6.

29 June 2014

Times to be confirmed suggest 10.00 -10.30

Take the A59 towards Clitheroe.

Then a choice of routes depending on time and weather conditions.

EITHER:

A682 Long Preston

A65 Kirby Lonsdale

OR:

"From Tickled Trout head E on A59, turn L at lights onto B6245 to Ribchester, then Longridge but turn R before town onto B6243 at Corporation Arms. Follow this into Clitheroe, past train station then L onto B6478 towards Waddington. Continue to Newton-in-Bowland, bear L through village to Dunsop Bridge then R after DB. This road takes you up a valley onto the moor ( v pretty) past jubilee tower. When you start to drop off the moor there is a steepish descent to a crossroad at Dolphinholme turn R ( think its signposted to Queernmoor) keep on to a nasty T junction, Turn R to Caton. T at Caton turn R onto A683 to Hornby then Melling, watch out for L sharp bend immediately after bridge over river following a nice straight. Turn L at T junction and Devils Bridge is about 500 yds on the right."

(As suggested by Slowgoose)

THEN:

From Devils Bridge (Kirkby Lonsdale)

Take A683 heading North

Turn right at Junction of A685 - through Kirkby Stephen to Brough

Turn left at junction onto A66 through Appleby-in-Westmorland towards Penrith

At island take 4th exit A686 to Hartside Top

Update Reply
Imola72 @ 26/06/2014 21:55  

just need good weather

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/06/2014 23:01  

I will see you at devils bridge do you know what time your be at devils bridge ?
Big ray

Update Reply
BigRay @ 27/06/2014 01:03  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email