MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

affordable training 2014 ..

affordable  training  2014  ..  - Forums [Biker Match] affordable  training  2014  ..  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

affordable training 2014 ..

emzed and myself tried to get this to happen in 2012 but due to logistics only it just didnt work ?? .... after being in the chat room tonight i can still see a demand for this weekend .. its for females only ... wanting motorcycle training .. from total novice (can i do it?) too i neeed CBT , to i want mod 1 training or mod 2 training from 125cc to middle cat to big bike cat . accomidation available .. arrive friday night .. train on sat .. chill sat night .... train on sunday ... either go home sunday night or monday morn .. all instruction is provided by dsa approved instructors or instructors that have been taught by myself . but basically its a relaxed fun weekend where learning takes place

Update Reply
buzz_sp1 @ 18/01/2014 04:08  

Nice one buzz and Emz for bringing this up again!

I would be keen to do this

Update Reply
Karey @ 18/01/2014 10:13  

hey buzz sounds good get my mad burd mate to do it she needs to learn to ride asap.gbnp is desperate to learn

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 18/01/2014 13:27  

Have a word with Dave vm and get a few dates on the events and we can push them for you in all areas

Update Reply
JP @ 18/01/2014 18:03  

@buzz thanks for putting this up on thread after our very early morning convo today!! ((Yawn))

Im defo interested in this but as its only run over weekend its a long way for me to travel, the affordability would disappear in travel costs over a couple of visits. However, i am seriously thinking about coming down to do cbt with ya. Can you pm me details of costs etc.

. Such a shame DAS over a week aint a possibility.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 18/01/2014 20:47  

gbnp the cbt can be done in the special weekend . we only train normally on sunday mornings which usually takes 3 sundays to complete .. i was thinking 4 in a car 2 cars . it costs me £50 in fuel to get to manchester and back with a bit of running around while up there . so its £13 a head for fuel , the cost per person is approx £100 for the 2 days including accomodation (bring your own camp bed) pls note its not possible to actually pass your mod 1 or mod2 during the weekend . but you will deffo have the skills and knowledge of what the test are all about . so u can go back home and book up with a local school and do far less lessons than before ??

Update Reply
buzz_sp1 @ 19/01/2014 16:46  

@Buzz...if you need any helpers (not with the training) let me know and if I can get across to whereever it is being held, I will do so happily.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 20/01/2014 12:38  

Hi Buzz, If you need an extra instructor let me know, i'll happily come over if i'm not working that day or I'll try to book the day off work.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 20/01/2014 19:54  

Definately helping out if I get to see the great and almight Ragnar in action.....

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 21/01/2014 09:25  

Sounds a great idea, however such a long way for us lasses up north north! As a new member, and new learner, I may have missed previous threads that may have been useful, point me in the right direction if I have missed anything for lady learners up here?!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/01/2014 08:52  

I don't think anything has been set up recently in your area NL, but if you want to do something I am happy to help if I can. There are a few female bikers up "your way". Might be an idea to post a thread and see what response you get and go from there. Just PM me if you want a natter

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 22/01/2014 09:28  

Thanks rowanblossom , I reckon the only way is to get out there and practice! Maybe I will catch up with fellow bmers when spring appears .
However, curious as to what the 'almighty ' Ragnar gets up to??!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/01/2014 10:12  

Rags is a motorcycle instructor and is awsome...also does fantastic hugs as well

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 23/01/2014 12:27  

cheers ragnar will deffo give u a shout if we get the interest this year . will be good to work together . rowan blossom thanks for the offer , i think the best way you can help at the moment is spread the word and try and co-ordinate ppl that u know to get talking to each other re logistics . my post code is ss7 4el .. look it up to get an idea of the area of england the training is being offered .. im thinking dates of late may and early september .. but thats open to discussion depending on interest

Update Reply
buzz_sp1 @ 23/01/2014 22:16  

Dont forget KISS end of May you might want to avoid that, but happy to get the word out the

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 23/01/2014 22:30  

yep rowan , will avoid your kiss at end of may rofl .. ive got a team of instructors willing to give up there full weekend ready to tackle anything thrown at them , from never riden before to wanting tips on how to improve there riding skills . this includes female instructors too ,

Update Reply
buzz_sp1 @ 26/01/2014 19:18  

do you teach how to fall off with style and panache...cos that I could do with learning lmao Always a good opportunity to improve riding skills, however good you think you are, there is always somethin to be learnt. Buzz, when you planning this and where?

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 27/01/2014 13:46  

rowan , we kinda teach ppl not to fall off . its amazing when i get to observe riders that have said 25 years experience ... i offen see 1 years experience 25 times ??? . mainly cuz they have never been taught the basics and make simple but costly mistakes with bike handling .. the weekend will be held near southend airport (essex) .. when is completely left up to demand , knowing peeps like to do rallys , i think its good to go just before rally season and just after .. ie early june then late sept , but im very flexable to suit the majority

Update Reply
buzz_sp1 @ 29/01/2014 21:32  

Hello Buzz, I failed my MOD1 twice last year, the first time on the avoidance exercise and the second time on the slalom due to lack of confidence from failing the first time, I'd love to do a weekend on this if possible and happy to car share but I want to do it before May as my CBT and theory run out in May? I just want to ride a big bike - I didn't think it would be this hard for me to pass but it's proving a real problem for me???

Update Reply
TAB007 @ 02/03/2014 11:39  

hello Buzz

Slight curve from this but do you do instructor training been riding for quite a few years but not done anything formal. Thinking of doing some more training and put something back. Not too far from you.

Gary

Update Reply
Gazza90 @ 02/03/2014 14:54  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email