MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

If you could.....

If you could..... - Forums [Biker Match] If you could..... - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

If you could.....

What have you always wanted to do on a bike? be it build one, ride it backwards across a lake of fire - anything!

what stops you?

Have you got big two wheeled plans for 2014?

Update Reply
tommygun22 @ 11/01/2014 20:07  

I have toured Southern Ireland as a pillion ..so would love to return riding my own bike...never been to Scotland so that is on my to do list...have toured UK and Europe...

but I have two things on my bucket list....

one to ride a bike down the full length of the rockies mountains (have been there many years ago but drove a truck)

and second to ride a bike through New Zealand.....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/01/2014 21:04  

Route 66 on my chop, done a lot of whats accessible of the 66 in a rag top but would love to do it on my chop

Update Reply
freewheeler1973 @ 11/01/2014 21:36  

Would love to go New Zealand got friends that went and loved it

Update Reply
shelleygirl @ 11/01/2014 23:03  

John o Grotes to Lands End on a vintage bike

Update Reply
JP @ 11/01/2014 23:18  

Route 66 whem I'm 65 ( So got a few years to save yet)

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 12/01/2014 08:59  

well lets see ive done all over england,wales and scotland.would like to go to ireland and would like to ride round france i think

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 12/01/2014 09:33  

I would like to see more people getting out on bikes and touring more or seeing what is out there.

Too many do 60 mile trips to say Squires or hartside and thinking that's getting out on a bike .... sooooo much more out there (but each to their own at end of the day)

Scotland has the best roads in Uk as there is hundreds of miles of empty roads. Europe is also so easy to ride around and Dover to Calais return £30 ish so what's stopping anyone.

All different types of bikers but there is no reason not to at least explore your own Country

That is not a dig at anyone just my thoughts and unless you do it how will you ever know I constantly bump into English bikers down south or abroad never been to Scotland........ but I don't know any Scottish bikers that haven't been South

Update Reply
madscots @ 12/01/2014 11:22  

Well said Madscots.

Touring England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland is so easy and needn't be expensive. The further north you go the better the riding I always find.

Europe's easy these days too... but you can't get a decent cup of coffee!

I you fancy it get up and go

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 12/01/2014 12:14  

Some cool ideas!

I have to 100% agree on the touring, i toured the french alps on a bike in September - it was a holiday to remember for a lifetime. ill be back again for sure, riding across a country and finishing up in the mountain passes with amazing roads and breath taking scenery.

This year i want to enter my first flat track race........have to build the bike first :)

Update Reply
tommygun22 @ 12/01/2014 16:14  

I want to do "local", ie England, Scotland, Ireland and more of Wales first.....then onwards to foreign shores

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 12/01/2014 17:51  

Big plan for 2014, pillion to Misano for Moto GP.. Dependant on time constraints maybe over to Czech to visit Stu's mates.

Other than that, up n down country visiting peeps and rallies. Defo wanna be on own bike by summer latest. Fingers crossed.

Giddy to say the least.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 12/01/2014 18:00  

Since passing my test last year, the one thing I really really really wanna do on my bike is go back to the Mod 1 test yard and knock over every single poxy cone lol.

Update Reply
Nowgotabike @ 12/01/2014 21:19  

LMAO at NGAB nice one!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/01/2014 21:21  

Good thing is there are plenty folk on here to help whether be staff or members themselves.

so If you could .......

We'd help to make it happen.

It is one of the reasons why I run a Germany trip for BM, every year I take people who have never been abroad before and see their face makes it worth while.

Update Reply
madscots @ 12/01/2014 23:31  

rewind back 27 yrs but alas noy gonna happen so onward and upwards.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/01/2014 23:33  

Ride my 350lc and be with all mi mates that likes a laugh unlike.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/01/2014 00:46  

pmsl at your post NGB and i guess the opposite to that

i would love to be able to ride my bike around the cones like you see the really top notch guys do in really tight circles etc etc that would be awesome to be able to ride like that

i also want to go abroad and tour aswell as go up to scotland at some point, was meant to do it last year bt not easy with me gorgeous dawg who is getting odl now so a few things on hold for him at mo, he is healthy and well bt it dont seem fair leavig him long time at his age..

am defo gonna make the most of when im living in devon tho.. those coastal and proper country roads gonna see plenty of my bike

id also love to get my bike or at some point a bike so good that i won in a custom bike show, now that would be awesome tooo

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/01/2014 17:53  

So keep an eye on the events page and get yourselves along to anything that takes your fancy.

Madscotts has a euro trip in the offing, I have a camping trip to Dent (near Hawes, centre of the old Bike 400) and an Easter trip to Dent.

Then there is the Kiss.

All this in the offing and it's still early January.

So what are you waiting for?

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 13/01/2014 20:59  

Really understand what makes some folk tick

Update Reply
teenybash @ 14/01/2014 04:11  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email