MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Moffat trip this Easter

Moffat trip this Easter (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Moffat trip this Easter (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Moffat trip this Easter

Only one more day to go :-)

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 16/04/2014 18:15  

Anyone looking to join the gang for a ride on either Saturday or Sunday will be very welcome. I'm planning to do just that on Saturday.

Meeting scotdick at Holiday Inn car park at Raith Interchange (Junction 5, M74) to take motorway down to Moffat to start the fun riding from there.
Tentative RV time 8:30am but that's subject to hearing from Steve what time he plans to set out from Moffat. Anyone wanting to join us there from west or central Scotland very welcome.

Leave the waterproofs behind and bring your sunnies instead - forecast looking gd!

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 16/04/2014 21:38  

im doing breast way round fun raising at ayr in the afternoon but heading to moffatt for around 6/7ish im at the seamore guest house

Update Reply
dizzydot @ 16/04/2014 22:20  

might get to this if i get jobs done but got to work monday

Update Reply
havfun @ 16/04/2014 22:28  

Izzy.
It will all depend on how the Reavers Temperance Society manages Friday evening.
We will endevour to save all the poor souls from the evil drink by removing as much alcohol as we can from each house of sin.
It's a dirty job but someone has to do it.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 17/04/2014 18:23  

Here I come. Flat out up the M74 . Sadly , I'm in mi truck. Coz, , , I was off last Easter and other folk have families. F feks sake . How can anyone compare a quality bike wknd with some fat kid stuffing a chocolate egg in it's face . Grrrr. Have a lovely time y'all x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 18/04/2014 14:27  

Hope all you Moffat sleepers set your alarm clocks.
Handful meeting at Holiday Inn, Raith Interchange, at 8.30am to ride down to meet you and we don't want to be drinking buckets of coffee to fill the time before we set out.
That said, early start allows us time for a proper brekkie at Abington or in Moffat itself. Steve intimated a 10.30 start if anyone is thinking of joining us - heading west, Dalveen Pass, and taking it from there - but that was before a night on the toon so anything could happen!

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 19/04/2014 01:25  

The plan still is to meet outside the Moffat House at 10:30. I told all the poor sinners last night during our Temperance evening so I'm sure they will remember.
And f**k me if it isn't glorious sunshine out there again.
WAKEY WAKEY EVERBODY :-)

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 19/04/2014 07:03  

The plan still is to meet outside the Moffat House at 10:30. I told all the poor sinners last night during our Temperance evening so I'm sure they will remember.
And f**k me if it isn't glorious sunshine out there again.
WAKEY WAKEY EVERBODY :-)

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 19/04/2014 07:03  

*groan* rolls over and pulls pillow over head to shut out light and noise, no use
Suppose I'd better fetch a coffee and start getting things together.
See you all in Moffat in a couple of hours.
*yawn*

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 19/04/2014 07:11  

Rock n Roll, time to go play n party:))

Update Reply
dizzydot @ 19/04/2014 08:38  

havnt done as much as wanted so not comeing

Update Reply
havfun @ 19/04/2014 09:36  

y'all missed a great day today - hope it's more of the same for those of you lucky enough to get out again tomorrow.
Thanks Steve.
I'll post photos soon - but you all caught me before I could get action shots so it's only cake-faces LOL!

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 20/04/2014 00:15  

It's looking like another glorious day in moffat.
Now to plan a route :-)

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 20/04/2014 09:28  

Another sunny ride from Moffat. And pin well and truly pulled on the last bit back from the cafe on the loch!!!
FBG :-)

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 20/04/2014 19:11  

great weekend glad to meet old friends and some new ones...till next time people....pete welcome to the reivers hope enjoyed yourself.

Update Reply
dizzydot @ 21/04/2014 12:25  

Another brilliant Easter at Moffat with the Border Reivers Temperance Society
Starring:
The BM Contingent
Steve H, Lindspep, Dizzy Dot, Peter 1200gs, Izzyhill, Scotsdick, Riggy66, Emdee
Others
Jim, Symon, Cath, Dave, Andy, Chrissie, Lynn, Sharon, Sue
The weather was incredible, the roads superb and the traffic non-existent. The beer flowed and the craich legendary.
I particularly enjoyed the Dalveen Pass and the final gentle pootle back from the St Mary's Loch cafe on Easter Sunday... Pin pulled ;-)

Thank you all for coming.
And those that didn't.... well I hope you had a lovely weekend digging the garden, painting the shed, watching the television or polishing the cat.
See you all next time.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 21/04/2014 14:35  

Pics uploaded.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 21/04/2014 18:49  

TY for a first class weekend Steve, was brill to meet you all, thanks for all your road planning, great roads n scenery. Where are the aforementioned pics?
Regards
Pete

Update Reply
peter1200gs @ 22/04/2014 22:56  

Glad you enjoyed it Pete.
The pics are on the events page.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 23/04/2014 19:56  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email