MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Moffat trip this Easter

Moffat trip this Easter - Forums [Biker Match] Moffat trip this Easter - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Moffat trip this Easter

We're off to Moffat this Easter for a spot of Border Reivering. Ride up from Durham Friday 18th April and coming home Monday 21st.

Moffat is a cool place with a good selection of pubs, eateries and of course some damn fine riding in the vicinity.

It's easy to get to for even the most navigationally challenged, juction 15 off the A74(M), that's the M6 south of the border.

Plenty of accommodation to choose from. Lindsey and I are booked into the Moffat House Hotel, if you prefer a B&B there are plenty to choose from and there is a campsite in the town.

It's up to you to book your own accommodation and I would suggest doing that in advance.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 06/01/2014 18:11  

It being not too far from my doorstep, and likely a busy weekend, I'll keep this in my book as a day-tripper event.
As you know, I enjoy my camping and getting to know people while toasting the odd marshmallow over a fire and if there's a handful going to the campsite I might be persuaded to pitch up too, but I'd not stay in an hotel or B&B.
Would certainly ride down or RV for a ride out though.
You'll see me in Dent the fortnight before anyway.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 06/01/2014 18:23  

I might be up for this... Moffat's a lovely wee place. I need to get the tent aired before going to the TT.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/01/2014 19:23  

It's on events calendar now folks:-

http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=4394

Update Reply
Scorpio54 @ 06/01/2014 20:41  

I'm booked in at the camp site

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/01/2014 16:19  

Welcome aboard Ian.
Can you put the contact details and cost for the campsite on here for anyone else planning to camp? Ta.
We'll sort out which bar we're all meeting in later

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 07/01/2014 17:52  

Hi Peeps...

I have booked here

http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/campsites/uk/dumfriesgalloway/moffat/moffat

The cost for 3 nights and one person is £47.50 however if you join the club (£41) it's £27.50, I joined its a years membership and half price camping at other site too. Lots of amenities and close to Moffat

See you there...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/01/2014 19:39  

surprised you didnt fancy booking into the tibbie!! could have camped there too

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 10/01/2014 10:10  

The tibbie's a bit further out and this looks ok also its in Moffat

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/01/2014 15:09  

Tibbie's (again) will be another time.
Possibly after they have fixed the showers!

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 12/01/2014 12:16  

Showers are a feature, Steve, dont think they will be fixd anytime soon, I will be at this, and have spoken to richard too howver he will be campin I will be b&b.....sorry richard its an age thing

Update Reply
dizzydot @ 08/02/2014 11:29  

Welcome back Dizzy, got yourself booked in anywhere yet? We're in the Moffat House hotel, but there are loads of options and Moffat is a compact so no one will be to far away.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 08/02/2014 18:15  

moffat house hotel looks very posh.....r is there another one

Update Reply
dizzydot @ 08/02/2014 19:20  

Loads of choice. Try booking.com or just Google moffat accommodation. Unless your camping though I would recommend booking somewhere in advance.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 08/02/2014 19:45  

bump

Update Reply
dizzydot @ 18/02/2014 23:21  

Far too early for a bump, it's not even March yet.... Unless you are reading this several days hence when it might be.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 23/02/2014 16:45  

Time to bump this one up.
Easter at Moffat is a lot more fun than Easter visiting B&Q you know!

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 06/03/2014 19:09  

might have to come over on sunday and stay ovr, just realised this clashed with something i have on the saturday for BWR in ayr

Update Reply
dizzydot @ 16/03/2014 12:16  

That's cool Dizzy, we'll see you if you make it.
I am not getting much enthusiasm from the BM's for this event but I have a few other mates coming over so I'll be there for definite.
I'll still update this thread in case anyone wants to join in later or just come over for a ride out.
After all it just wouldn't be easter without a quick scamper up the Dalveen Pass :-)

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 17/03/2014 19:11  

Let me know what your ride plans are and I'll try to meet up with you on one day at least.

Sure others from around here will too - the days are definitely warming up and getting longer. Some newbies may just need to know that there's a ride or two they can join for the day without having to roll up for the whole weekend?

How about it peeps? Who's around locally and up for dodging a few land-clouds? I'll even share the secret of the best ice cream in D&G with you if you play nice.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 17/03/2014 19:40  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email