MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Invisible

Invisible - Forums [Biker Match] Invisible - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Invisible

Heres one for discussion...doesn't start with a 'What' either Does anyone else think that when you get to a certain age, you become sort of invisible ? Me and my brother were out the other night for a sherry and we had this conversation. People would notice you when you were younger, but now you just seem to get ignored or just not noticed somehow. YET and i have to say this, when i'm up in Yorkshire the opposite happens and people do notice you and involve you in conversations. So is it an age thing ? a regional thing, a married thing ??? What d'ya reckon ?

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 27/12/2013 01:54  

Who said that ?

Update Reply
JP @ 27/12/2013 07:07  

i think its a regional thing when i lived in oxfordshire nobody used to talk to me and my mates when we were out and it was the same when i lived in loughborough but the further north you go the friendlier people become.im more of a northerner than a southerner cos i come from manchester which to me anything above chesterfield is north means im a northerner and ive been told i would talk to a letterbox if it flapped at me, me and me mate linz lol southerners are for the most part stuck up ignorant people.obviously not all but a lot of them and it also depends where in the south theyre from too

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 27/12/2013 08:43  

There are a lot of ignorant folk in the north aswell but I stilltalk to them just to because it anoys the hell out of them lol

Update Reply
JP @ 27/12/2013 11:09  

Update Reply
Emzed @ 27/12/2013 11:11  

JP you are not supposed to tell them our secrets lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 27/12/2013 11:15  

Does that mean as we are from the centre of the country we have the perfect mix of nice and nasty lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 27/12/2013 11:19  

lol i fink so bj

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 27/12/2013 11:47  

Being Scottish and having spent considerable time both north and south of the border I definitely understand where you're coming from with this and I do also agree that the further north you go the friendlier people seem to be. So yeah it could definitely be described as a regional thing but not exclusively.

Update Reply
BornAgainBiker69 @ 27/12/2013 13:16  

Back to the original point about becoming invisible with age. You can only become invisible to other people (at any age) if you ALLOW yourself to become invisible, not a fate I tend to settle for, for better or worse

Update Reply
centurion @ 27/12/2013 15:34  

" People would notice you when you were younger, but now you just seem to get ignored or just not noticed somehow".

Don't you think all young people think every one is looking at them and as you grow older you stop worrying about what other people think.

I've never cold shouldered anyone who wanted to join in with a conversation

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/12/2013 20:23  

Well when I get mi Jim I'll fix it wallet out in the neet club all the young ladies run away, do you like the music of Shawaddywaddy.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/12/2013 03:34  

I have friends all over the place and lived a year in the north east, and i have to say that was the worst year of my life, as soon as my yorkshire accent was heard i got the Look,,,,so if anyone says oo geaordies are lovely friendly welcoming people my answer is are they bollox!!

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 28/12/2013 09:38  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email