MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Newbies Forum

hello

hello (2) - Forums [Biker Match] hello (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Newbies Forum /

hello

Got a Reliant rat trike, about all I is capable of riding anymore, TOO much fun as a youngster

Update Reply
Miketreeman @ 26/12/2013 14:27  

Not sure any of this is getting through

Update Reply
Miketreeman @ 26/12/2013 14:30  

Hello Mike ,my Christmas was spent on my own (through choice) It's only been a year since my husband died after a very short illness ,I wanted to be on my own to remember him ...and it's not compulsory to have Christmas lunch now is it ? lol ..I also have a trike called Hilda, apart from passengering a sidecar Hilda is my joy ..I try and go out everyday if I can ..I hope to have a rally at my place at some point next year (camping etc.) Take care and have a Happy New Year. Regards Annette

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/12/2013 10:04  

Hello Turriff,

Sorry to hear about your hubby, y6u say short hope it was not painful as well, bad enough without going through pain as well, I live with pain on a daily basis and would not wish it on anyone. This was my second Christmas alone, came back from America in 2011 and went to little brothers for Xmas that year, wished I had stayed at home after being ignored all day, Not Christian so as far as I am concerned just another day anyway, especially since the kids got older, my baby just turned 33 in November so LONG time she was a kiddy, grandkids though still cost me a fortune and keeps me going, the 11 year old nicked the pressie I got him and promptly got caught so poor little soul didn't get what I got for him and won't until I get back down that way, have to learn not to ruin it for everyone, especially his two younger brothers as they are only 4 and 6 and still believe in Santa.

I am too old and beat up to ride solo anymore, so just a short while back bought myself an old rat Trike, name to be painted on the tail as soon as I get a decent enough template, I may be an artist but my handwriting sucks, go0ing to be done in Gothic script and the name... Well my name is Mike and the trike is a rat so has to be MickeyRat done the Pie-rats on the back and like I say when the weather warms enough get the name on too, paint does NOT like the cold anymore than I do. Where did the name Hilda come from? Got to be a story there somewhere. Sorry to be so intrusive, I am also a storyteller so always looking to others for their stories too, love the old Celtic and Anglo-Saxon stories and the Norse stories of the Gods and Heroes as well as all the different American Indian stories, my favourite of all time is the Cherokee story about how Rabbit stole fire for mankind.

I saw on your page that you ride racing outfits, must be mad, I tried it a time or two in my youth had a couple of nasty accidents so decided it wasn't for me, but anyone crazy enough to do so has all my kudos.

Well hope to see you sometime at a rally, meaning to do a few this coming year, need to get back with kindred souls, not been to a rally since I was in America and need to set up a booth and sell some pretties and practical items, cash is always nice.

Happy New year Mike AKA Mickeyrat

Update Reply
Miketreeman @ 27/12/2013 21:18  

thank you for the message mike , very interesting your never too old to do anything ......Robin and I took on the TT in 2011 for the first time , he had his 74 th birthday first practice !!!! what was even more amazing was it was 54 years since he did it on two wheels (7R 1957) as a 20 year old, then comes back on three wheels we finished 27th and won some lovely TT trophies .....2012 was not so good as we had a brush with an airbag at Sarah's cottage resulting in me being catapulted off the back , broke my shin and ankle. Then my lovely Robin died BUT I have carried on racing , did the TT with my good friend John this year (his first time) and we finished both race A and B .I'm proud of myself at 63 .......hope to carry on as long as I can .my trike is ..Hilda the Honda lol you should go onto the Scottish bike and trike site on Face Book good fun ..I hope to have a rally at my place next year (I have a croft ) will keep you informed .I am 40 miles above Aberdeen mind lol.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/12/2013 12:27  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email