MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

On my Soap Box ...

On my Soap Box ... - Forums [Biker Match] On my Soap Box ... - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

On my Soap Box ...

I'm afraid im gonna have my say, i have been keeping my huge mouth shut and my thoughts to myself for a few weeks now and im getting really annoyed, so here goes... Why do certain peeps seem to wanna destroy others mentally/emotionally, especially when those who are being targeted are decent, caring, kind, honest individuals? Aint it about time we all got on with our own lives n let others do the same. Excluding and ignoring is not the way forward, it is damn right rude and childish. Intentionally manipulating things to exclude all but a 'click' is unforgivable, narrow minded and pathetic. Not only does it cause an atmosphere which is unwelcoming and tedious, those who are not involved in this type of behaviour become disillusioned and somewhat p***ed off! Can i also point out that using folk to gain what you want from them but not having the balls to be honest once your dirty deed is done and you have got what you wanted is disgraceful. No names required and won't be given but all concerned KNOW who they are and should feel utterly ashamed of their behaviour but i have no doubt that, in fact, they will be so smug and self satisfied and think they are so clever. WRONG! Just ignorant,out and out rude and not nice! BTW, this is not related to my own personal problems so please dont think it is. Rant OVER!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 12/12/2013 07:51  

Hear hear....I agree completely with the whole general tone of your rant .... You don't have to like or be friends with everyone but you should be nice to all

Update Reply
simple1 @ 12/12/2013 11:13  

I'm either thick, niave or out of the "loop" But I dont get this at all

Update Reply
Emzed @ 12/12/2013 11:45  

Wow,where has this come from linz? Also in the dark over this.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/12/2013 12:36  

well said GBNP

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 12/12/2013 13:05  

????

Update Reply
JP @ 12/12/2013 13:48  

I get what your saying GBNP, my membership runs out next week and I won't be renewing because of a couple of unfortunate experiences.

Update Reply
RickM @ 12/12/2013 18:02  

Weeks, Linz? Must have been a struggle.

Hope you feel better now that you've vented.

Big hugs hunni and hope you're managing your own issues and can stop worrying about anyone else's.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 12/12/2013 18:04  

Linzi... if the person concerned has confided in you, then perhaps you can persuade them to confront the person/persons concerned..

It's possible they are not aware of anything untoward.

I'm with Emz and Jp.. I don't know whats going on with you and your confidante but if either of you feel you need to get the mods involved then please let us know....nobody likes any 'ill feelings' and often it's just a misunderstanding.

RickM, I'm sorry to hear you won't be renewing, as I've said to Linzi if there's anything the mods can do to help please let us know.

Update Reply
Karey @ 12/12/2013 20:07  

WTF? If this is a site issue then consult with the mods, if its just people being twats then 'out' them. Non specific rants just reinforce the clique mentality.

Update Reply
SlowGoose @ 12/12/2013 20:43  

I dont feel the need to share anything with anyone, not even mods. Having spoken to JP n explained my reasons and thoughts, i feel exactly as i did when i posted this morning.

Why should i have a confidante? I have eyes and have seen what is happening perhaps those responsible will look at their behaviour and rectify it, afterall they are grown ups.

As i said in my rant i see no reason to name those involved as they know who they are.

Sorry if i have put the cat amongst the pigeons but i felt the need to put my thoughts out for all to see.

Negativity about things is not usually my bag and i can only apologise if my rant came over as 'dragging BM down', my issue is not with the site but with those who are narrow minded, smug individuals.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 12/12/2013 20:47  

sorry my mistake.. having re-read your first post.. I took it to mean you were writing this on behalf of someone else, hence the 'confidante' my mistake.. sorry again..dohhh

Hopefully you will get the answers you need.

Update Reply
Karey @ 12/12/2013 20:53  

We all need to get it off our chests occasionally, no shame in that, if it was a site issue I am sure it would have been bought to our attention. BM is no different to the rest of the world, theres good bad and indifferent everywhere, and we cant all get on with everyone, the majority of BM folk are decent folk, so that's what I focus on :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 12/12/2013 20:54  

Well said BJ, I have only had positive experiences with BM, but maybe that's just my mindset.

Update Reply
SlowGoose @ 12/12/2013 21:59  

@SG, i have never had anything less than positive experiences with people i have met too. I would like to think that those i have met and chatted to would echo that too. However what i have noticed recently has really got my goat, so much so that i felt the need to get on my soap box. Whether or not it is mindset it is my freedom to voice.

Please do not try to second guess something you are not involved with as your surmising will no doubt lead to wrong conclusions.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 12/12/2013 23:57  

Tis not just BikerMatch, alas. There's folks right across the cyberworld who seem to take a delight in manipulation and stirring. Easy to say 'ignore them' when they've found a chink in your armour, but at least try not to let them get you down. Meanwhile, have a big on me.

Update Reply
Wills @ 13/12/2013 00:32  

Thanks @wills, you is a star and a gent!

((Hugs))

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 13/12/2013 00:41  

I, like others, who have posted on here, obviously do not know what's going on but It's a shame you have been bothered by actions of others even if not you are involved personally.

I've had good experience since joining therefore feel sad for others that haven't, but would say to anyone don't let the actions of a few keep you off the site as the reason you joined is still there.

Hope your rant has helped you

Update Reply
teenybash @ 13/12/2013 13:10  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email