MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Jokes, Games & Silly Things

Physics Question....

Physics Question.... - Forums [Biker Match] Physics Question.... - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Jokes, Games & Silly Things /

Physics Question....

If I placed an ordinary slice of bread in the bottom of a vaccum sealed 12" glass cube .. and placed it in direct sunlight , would my slice of bread curl up and dry ?

This kept me awake for ages the other night ...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/12/2013 11:12  

I would say yes it would, the bread would still contain moisture and as a result of exposure to sunlight, the moisture would be released, resulting in the bread curling up due to shrinkage. The moisture would condense on the sides of the glass cube.

Just changed my name to 66 Einstein.

(ooh my brain hurts now)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/12/2013 11:22  

Is there a vacuum in the cube? keep pumping with your Mityvac
and the bread will dry completely but not curl up,
and look OK for many years.

Update Reply
Eiron @ 15/12/2013 11:33  

It is indeed a complete vacuum inside the box....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/12/2013 17:11  

This reminds me of that age old question........... What would happen if an unstoppable force met an immoveable object ? Answers on a posttcard............

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 23/12/2013 12:52  

Ok here's another

two jam jars of flies (same number in each) with lids on.

question....if one lot are settled ( not flying) and the other are all flying inside which jar weighs the most ??

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/12/2013 18:02  

One for the chemists and mathemagicians.
If you always fill your petrol tank when there's 10% left, how long before there's none of the original fuel left in the tank?

Update Reply
Eiron @ 25/12/2013 12:42  

@Eiron..... I put 17 quids worth of petrol in my Diesel Mondeo Estate. realised my error and put 45 quids worth of diesel on top.......ran like a dream. No idea when i had ONLY diesel left though. Probably wouldnt have worked if my Car had been a petrol one.

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 27/12/2013 00:26  

AJ, in the days when trucks didn't have fuel heaters, we used to put a couple of pints of petrol in the diesel to prevent it from freezing in extreme cold weather conditions, had no adverse effects as petrol is a more refined product. However, deisel being less refined and needing to be put under pressure before ignition can occur would most certainly have ruined your day with the outcome in a petrol car.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/12/2013 00:22  

two jam jars of flies (same number in each) with lids on.
question....if one lot are settled ( not flying) and the other are all flying inside which jar weighs the most ??

what ever is inside the jars they should weigh the same.....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/12/2013 03:35  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email