MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

just my personal take on the nod

just my personal take on the nod (2) - Forums [Biker Match] just my personal take on the nod (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

just my personal take on the nod

The thing is, as many people have pointed out in the past, BM is no longer principally a dating site, and with a membership consisting of only 25% female to 75% male it couldn't work as such. Its evolved more into a general social site and therefore the whole nod thing is totally confusing for most people, including yours truly.

And yes, the last person to Nod at me was, by the sound of it, a gay bloke living over 200 miles away, with no bike of his own, WTF ?!!?

Update Reply
centurion @ 04/12/2013 17:34  

When everyone's decided can someone just tell me the outcome as I am certainly confused now ! Don't want to get it wrong the consequences old be serious by the sounds!LOL Thought i had worked it out but whoops maybe not? A nod as a hello seems consistent with a biker site but what do I know!,

Update Reply
Jackyan @ 04/12/2013 20:20  

Got it in 1 Jacky

Update Reply
Emzed @ 04/12/2013 20:24  

Dare I nod to you Emzed! Be afraid!

Update Reply
Jackyan @ 04/12/2013 20:29  

Dare I nod to you Emzed! Be afraid!

Update Reply
Jackyan @ 04/12/2013 20:29  

i got a nod and replyed to it with a message and a nod , the lady and i now go dancing together , even had her on as pilly for a very cold and shortish ridout.

so nods are cool in my book :)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/12/2013 21:05  

Methinks i have touched a raw nerve or 2 here lol, methinks some do protest a little to much lol. I feel it is clear to one and all on my profile at least to those who can read, what i am looking for. lol. I am clear on my sexuality you can be sure. But as usual when good argument is failing resort to personal insults lol. Again i was/am merely stating MY personal take on the nod and that i think it is a good thing a kind of thermometer if you like. IE;- if someone cant be bothered or i dont know feels it is beneath them or summat to return the nod then i'm pretty certain i could not be bothered or want to talk to them should we ever meet.I am TOTALLY with BJ, RB, DN and Freewheeler on this.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/12/2013 21:27  

Oldbiker, you wrote ''Yes indeed to both sexes omg does that mean. I'm gay or bisexual and want a date? ??? Lol '' and my reply post was tongue in cheek as yours So no insults traded as I am sure you will see if you re-read the posting. However, to suggest that perhaps some may not be able to read!!!! Isn't that insulting???.....or maybe some can't be bothered to read the profiles of others....who knows!!

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 04/12/2013 21:35  

have sent lots of nods so her are a few

you no who you are

Update Reply
kaycat @ 04/12/2013 21:37  

Thank you for the nod, Kaycat. At least it's better from you than the gay men! Please take this as my acknowledgement.

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 04/12/2013 21:49  

fanks x

Update Reply
kaycat @ 04/12/2013 21:51  

I nod on a regular basis, male and female, and occasionally get a response. TBH I aint fussed either way, I use it merely as a HI! or as a Welcome.

Occasionally a nod has led to a PM and a convo which has led to a meet and a friendship.. ya never know where you will end up do ya??

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 04/12/2013 22:23  

I have just nodded to everyone on this forum.

I don't know what happens if I have nodded to the same person in the past.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 04/12/2013 22:30  

Mr Neale you are just a flirt....a flirt I say lmao

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 04/12/2013 22:32  

Update Reply
davidneale @ 04/12/2013 22:34  

Apparently, you can only nod to a person once......but I may have that wrong!!!

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 04/12/2013 22:37  

It appears that you are right Trish. My latest nod to you has registered. My original nod was sent in 2011 and it only shows the last 20 nods.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 04/12/2013 22:47  

Right back at ya david. Thank you!

Oh ... I forgot...

Hi!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 05/12/2013 07:08  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email