MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

just my personal take on the nod

just my personal take on the nod - Forums [Biker Match] just my personal take on the nod - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

just my personal take on the nod

I think the nod is great, if you send one you are on a win win situation. if you get a nod back then the person you sent your nod to is probably worth talking to and if you dont get one back tis doubtful they are,or ever will be. So saves you wasting your time on them and wondering. lol.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/12/2013 07:32  

I see the nod as a way of saying "hi I think we may live music n the same area and would be great to get together for a ride out sometime" or "I think we met at the rally or ride out or gig and this is me saying hi again". Nods shouldn't always mean you're looking for a date..... imho!

Update Reply
Nowgotabike @ 04/12/2013 07:42  

you think because someone sends you a nod they are lookiong for a date??? oh dear.......................................

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/12/2013 08:16  

nods are like nods on the road....eg, "hi", "crappy weather but we are still out here", "lovely weather, great for a ride out" and "bloody eejits on the road today" and "ooh great another nutter out and about". Just like on the road, some nod back and others don't, hey ho, that's life. I nod to say hello. I nod to say welcome. A nod is a nod is all. If you want a date send a PM

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 04/12/2013 10:47  

and there was me thinking that a 'nod' meant 'we are now engaged' Ok then, just a thought, for all of us that believe that a 'nod' is simply a way of saying 'hello', how many of you send nods to members of the same sex??? I do and always will

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 04/12/2013 11:43  

Yup indeed I do....mind you just as I will nod to anyone, i will talk to anyone....which can get me in all sorts of trouble!!!!

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 04/12/2013 12:35  

Nah Rowan......talking is the new nodding

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 04/12/2013 12:42  

I treat the nod as a "hello I am here" and as an acknowledgement of another biker and member. It can be either man or woman.

By the the way my 1st nod was from you Trish

Update Reply
davidneale @ 04/12/2013 13:41  

Yep David I remember and am so pleased that it was, and the rest is history as they say :) BTW, it was fab to see you the other weekend :)

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 04/12/2013 13:48  

Yes indeed to both sexes omg does that mean. I'm gay or bisexual and want a date? ??? Lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/12/2013 14:47  

Maybe we can invent an alternative, well, a secondary nod - called a wink?

A nod is for bikers, a wink for daters?

and let's not be saying that a nod is as good as a wink - it's miles better!

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 04/12/2013 15:00  

Lol @ izzy

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/12/2013 15:18  

I'd rather not become known for being a complete and utter winker!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/12/2013 15:30  

Oh dear oldbiker...If sending a nod to a fellow member is making you question your own sexuality or intentions, perhaps you should stop as it doesn't sound like its adding much value to your membership of BM :(

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 04/12/2013 15:32  

The 'wink' facility has been suggested before and Matt is not a fan.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 04/12/2013 15:35  

The nod is supposed to be for just saying Hi

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 04/12/2013 16:04  

We used to have winks but they became nods.

I'm not doubting my sexuality (I'm engaged to a woman) but the last couple of nods I received were from gay men. Should I be concerned that I may be perceived as a gay icon?

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 04/12/2013 16:29  

Theres 2 different nods being discussed here I think?

Nod1-out on the bike, nod at another 2 wheeler means, hail fellow biker! thats all it is! sometimes you get one back....sometimes not....
hey-ho.

Nod2-on the BM site its like a protocol imho. you check someones profile....like what you see (and read)....maybe have a laff in the chatroom...then you might send them a NOD (which means i fancy you)!!!! IF you get a response, like a NOD returned....you might then send a PM asking for a meetup; after all...... this is a DATING site for bikers! And see where it goes from there. If the NOD button is not for this function, then i cant see the point of it tbh.

my tuppenceworth.

Update Reply
DukeZ @ 04/12/2013 16:56  

as I have stated on my profile, it seems to SOME women that when you nod they automatically presume you want to dive straight into their knickers..

Update Reply
freewheeler1973 @ 04/12/2013 17:15  

Sorry DukeZ, beg to differ.

Only one kind of nod.

Here - just as on the road - it's a "hail fellow biker" nod, no more.

Lot of people here not using it as a dating site at all. That's why the profiles say looking for friends and the relationship status' say married, engaged, in a relationship etc etc

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 04/12/2013 17:26  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email