MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Video cameras Pros and cons of use......

Video cameras Pros and cons of use...... - Forums [Biker Match] Video cameras Pros and cons of use...... - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Video cameras Pros and cons of use......

Bearing in mind the recent controversy over video footage from the war zone do you think they are a good idea....even on the bike

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/11/2013 09:47  

Good and bad if your in a bump it can help in your claim. But the police can use it against you for other traffic offences

Update Reply
JP @ 17/11/2013 18:54  

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/11/2013 21:13  

Succinct as usual OJ

Update Reply
Emzed @ 18/11/2013 03:52  

Would'nt be without mine, have a helmet cam for bike which can also be used in ther car as a dash cam, possibly very handy in this compensation culture. Also have an old Sony cam corder for other stuff bike shows, air shows n such bit heavy n dated these days but a cracking picture.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/11/2013 17:43  

If I'm right on my legal legislation

Police cannot take the camera with out permission for a minor offense such as in this case road traffic Act. They would only be able to seize it if there was (deemed to be) a criminal offense then it would be classed as evidence so they could take it.

In regard to filming just be careful what you post and who has access to it. If you post yourself driving down local roads at silly speeds or doing something stupid then your gonna pay the price.

To be honest most biking films are boring unless it's like Stelvio, Nurburgring or the like anyway. I put of lots of runs over the years with out any issues despite spirited paces.

But as others say it can be a great bit of kit for things like SMIDSY's

Update Reply
madscots @ 18/11/2013 23:29  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email