MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Scottish Lunch?

Scottish Lunch? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Scottish Lunch? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Scottish Lunch?

Not be same with out ya Kate

Update Reply
madscots @ 22/11/2013 09:47  

<wordtidy></wordtidy>
They say it’s pretty quiet but as I’m hoping that we’ll have a sizeable group so I’ve asked M&D’s to reserve table #38 in the Family Restaurant – it’s a big U-shape good for a dozen plus.
The Family Restaurant is the dining area to the left of the main entrance and giving access to the bowling lanes. Table #38 is up the stairs above the bar – if scotsdick makes it over we’ll have to carry him up “Maharaja-style” (his suggestion!) as he’ll be in plaster.
I’ll be there for the suggested 12:30 start (says she hopefully) but please just come and go to suit your own journey times and other commitments. Food is your typical diner menu; burgers from £6.30, haddock & chips and macaroni cheese both also £6.30, steak & ale pie £7.30, sausage & mash £5.30, vegetable stroganoff £7.00 etc.
Bowling is £4 for one game, £8 for two and there’s also a pool/snooker lounge up the stairs just off our dining area (so we wouldn’t have to lug Richard about) and other things to wander off to check out – think even an open air ice rink to skate/fall over on.
There is an ATM on site but it charges £1.90 per transaction!
Come and go as you like and if you’ve not added your face to the event you’re still welcome to make a last-minute appearance and bring a friend too.
Keep an eye on pilly/lift requests and keep in contact if you’ve offered transport.
Any questions, just PM me or call the event contact number which is me too; I've not arranged anything like this before so am bound to have gotten something wrong.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 24/11/2013 01:56  

Got 10 faces on the event page but I KNOW there are more coming.

Most of us haven't met each other so don't be shy.

If you can't make it for lunch time I'm sure we'll be around for a while, enjoying the amusements at hand, so let us know if you plan to drop by later.

Bring friends.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 02/12/2013 23:42  

A couple of real interlopers coming along now! Well, I am anyway, GT63 will be returning to the land of her birth

Update Reply
centurion @ 03/12/2013 20:34  

PMSL, that's fantastic! Thanks for making the effort, hope it'll be worth it but it's sure looking to be a good afternoon/evening.

Almost one in the eye to those at Squires that you're coming to Scotland!!! Na, na,na naaaa-nahhhh! (Sorry, can't help getting a bit giddy that peeps are actually going to come!)

Any more? Heck, just turn up!
Message, text or call if you need any more info.

aweedram says I've to put a lid on the table so he'll know he's found us, I think you'll all know me when you see me!

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 03/12/2013 22:45  

Squires is very overrated anyhow

Update Reply
centurion @ 03/12/2013 22:57  

{{{ BUMP }}}

There is a table booked (see earlier in thread) but more for our convenience than for them to expect x-number of meals, however, I would like to have a better idea of numbers so please add/withdraw on the events page if you now can/can't come, or drop me a PM if preferred.

You don't HAVE to, all are welcome to turn up as and when possible, and bring friends too; so if it's Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning and you're just seeing this then just come along.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 05/12/2013 13:05  

Great to have met you and Lorna last night Kev - got the party started!

Looking forward to seeing everyone soon. Safe journey all.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 08/12/2013 11:36  

Great to have met you and Andy too, and the Quarry is highly recommended!
Been out on a scenic (and wet) drive this morning but heading back to Hamilton now, see you soon ;) Kev, Lorna and the Snail

Update Reply
centurion @ 08/12/2013 12:03  

Thank you Kev,

hope you enjoyed today too - I can't take credit for 'arranging' anything but think it went well Will wait to see what feedback gets posted and looking forward to some pictures - featuring faces please .

Hope you and Lorna had a good journey home and will head north again soon - always welcome here now that you know where I am.
Quarry Bar certainly gave me a little surprise but the music was good and I'm still recovering now!

Thanks for the cheese and crackers Grommit - how did you know???
xxx

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 08/12/2013 20:56  

Sounds like you all had a good time! Nice one

We had a good Northern Xmas do at Squires too

Hopefully catch up with you all when the rally season starts again!

Update Reply
Karey @ 08/12/2013 21:04  

Looking forward to it Kaz, and Anita says thanks for the

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 08/12/2013 21:39  

awwww thanks for passing on the 's izzy.. bet you all had a blast

Update Reply
Karey @ 08/12/2013 21:48  

i did

Update Reply
shaky1275 @ 09/12/2013 01:42  

& so did Lorna and yours truly, great to meet you all and a big thanx to Izzy for organising it all

Update Reply
centurion @ 09/12/2013 17:34  

Thanks, if you build it people will come - and they did! Thanks to all.

I put a few photos on my profile but will add them to the event when I have a moment later on.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 10/12/2013 16:11  

Already added rucks of photos of the bowling match

Update Reply
centurion @ 10/12/2013 19:41  

thanks izzy for a grand sunday chrimbo bowling day out met a good bunch hope to bump into ye all again at some event at the bar! safe biking

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/12/2013 21:38  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email