MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Time Travel: A Biker's Life in the 1970's

Time Travel: A Biker's Life in the 1970's (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Time Travel: A Biker's Life in the 1970's (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Time Travel: A Biker's Life in the 1970's

Bantams, Tiger cubs, Rd's, oil, roadrash and getting old was a lifetime away, ooooh. . . the days when I lived up in bonnie Scotland down the road from Lochness.

Update Reply
eddietheardvark @ 29/12/2013 22:15  

I feel old now ... good read tho. Was better back in the day, nobody even nods anymore, and I would no longer expect when broken down for the first bike to come along to stop and help.
WebRep Overall rating

Update Reply
sg-strummer @ 30/12/2013 13:01  

unfortunately thats a sign of the times .

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/12/2013 13:07  

Crime Lake cafe Failsworth ,Manchester 1966 on my Goldie,

Still got the pudding basin helmet and goggles in the living room.

Magic days.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/12/2013 17:17  

Happy days FSIE in popsicle purple and a Stadium Achilies helmet out of my mums Kays catalogue ( on easy terms )

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/01/2014 21:00  

ah yes first bike 200 yam bought on hp at 26% interest and I needed a guarantor in case I couldn't keep up the payments,no lessons straight on to the road,and rode like a maniac, and camping was good fun with a pitched tent no air bed (no domes then) no sat navs,and yes the achilies helmet which you painted yourself with a couple of paint aerosols usualy phil read design as his was the easiest to copy, crazy but good times

Update Reply
gordy100 @ 20/02/2014 18:55  

i am with jp on this lol.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/02/2014 09:36  

Thankfully I am far too young to remember or even understand anything any of you are saying :)
As a young'un I started riding in the early 80's so anything prior to that is just folk lore and probably never happened :)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/02/2014 11:17  

Ah the smell of heavenly 2 strokes, loved them. Would have another in a minute lol,
Started in riding 76, great times less traffic and am sure better weather.lc's were the weapon of choice. 125, 250, 350, 500 and the best tz350 track machine.
Rose tinted glasses 500 was a bitch to ride lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/02/2014 10:12  

yip, happy days for sure.......those warm summer evenings out with my mates going nowhere in particular....the burger van, the pub where a shandy lasted two hours,the car park (and the park bench nearby) heheh....th en there was the huge adventure of a day at Brands watching the Transatlantic match races....Sheene...Croxford, Read Smarty et al......a day at Lydenn watching Rallycross with the g/freind on the back and the L plates in the bin....

oh yess...very happy times.....anyone loan me a Tardis?

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 26/02/2014 08:02  

ross the transatlantic trophy races,went to them for so many years, one race sticks in mind at brands Roberts got a good start and was leading the race and sheene was about 6th sheene clawed his way to the front and won the race,i would of riden down from stranraer and it usualy snowed great days

Update Reply
gordy100 @ 26/02/2014 15:16  

Gordy I think I was there too!¬!! it was trying to snow, bloodey freezing at bottom of paddock hill stood on the embankment, Sheene was way back until about three laps from the finish....he just lit the blue touchpaper and went! like his bike gained another 50bhp! incredible!

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 26/02/2014 22:28  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email