MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Chinese Fairing

Chinese Fairing - Forums [Biker Match] Chinese Fairing - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Chinese Fairing

Has anyone bought a replacement fairing from China? If so what are your thoughts, did it fit, was the quality ok?

Update Reply
SlowGoose @ 03/11/2013 00:03  

I'll take the lack of replies as a 'no' then.

Hey-ho, just have to bite the bullet and order one.

Update Reply
SlowGoose @ 26/11/2013 18:29  

I think a lot of track bike and low end race bikes fit then based on cost alone so they cant be that bad

Update Reply
JP @ 26/11/2013 20:17  

Thanks JP, gonna get an unpainted one in case I have to bodge it.

Update Reply
SlowGoose @ 30/11/2013 11:48  

a friend of mine got a body kit for a Fireblade, it looked ok but obviously not as good as an original one, took a little bit of fitting but you get what you pay for though i'd say it was ok for the price

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 04/12/2013 09:05  

A lot of experience of these kits on the 400GreyBike forum As you can imagine it's virtually impossible to buy OEM for 20+ year old bikes So these "Chinese"* kits are a lifesaver for re-builds, crash repairs or track bikes The reviews are mainly positive but the Hong Kong ones get better reviews They are reputedly thinner than OEM & some report cracking But that may be due to the way they have been "forced" on and put under tension On the whole though, most people seem reasonably satisfied with fit & quality Particularly for the price The unpainted option is good SG But only if you can get it painted fairly cheaply afterwards But I've seen plain white ones, "tastefully"covered in stickers I hope you're pleasantly surprised with your purchase * there are quite a few factories producing kits in the far east & asia

Update Reply
Emzed @ 05/12/2013 18:03  

Thanks for the info chaps, I did some searching on the web and found mixed reviews but for the price it's got to be worth it. Can get one painted for the cost of the paint and a few pints so its all go.

Update Reply
SlowGoose @ 06/12/2013 20:35  

I bought 1 for my ྙ Blade - Repsol colours.

The fairing need fettling in a few places and if your over enthusiastic tightening the screws, then the fixing stubs can break off, which results in the stripping off of the panels to re glue the fixings. The fixing lugs are not molded in the panels, but glues in place.

I'm happy with the finished article

Update Reply
SteveD @ 08/01/2014 22:14  

I bought one for my VFR800 VTEC

The fixing stubs break off very easy and didn't match the fixtures on the bike. The quality of the paint job was very poor it looked like they'd sprayed it in hairdressers. I complained and got 75% of my money back however I couldn't sell it on and gave it away.

Personally I wouldn't bother...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/01/2014 12:38  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email