MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Squires Santa Run

Squires Santa Run (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Squires Santa Run (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Squires Santa Run

Duh silly me Vlad .... That's what i was thinking of ...Last years Santa run was cancelled because of snow ... Memory like a football net ....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/10/2013 14:25  

Yes I remember somebody put it about that it was cancelled last year.
But it did take place. see the events page photos

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 18/10/2013 17:17  

Due to cicumstances beyond the organisers control the santa ride has lost the designer outlet as a destination.
The route is now Squires -a63-squires(ride past) lotherton-aberford-bramham-harewood-pool-newall with clifton-fewston-Sun Inn Norwood (30 min break)-Farnley-Pool-Harewood-Bramham-Micklefield-Squires.
There will enterainment at Squires on our return.
Total mileage is 70mls.

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 21/10/2013 17:41  

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 21/10/2013 17:54  

Defo up for this one ! See you there at around 10.30am

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 21/10/2013 18:13  

yay me me me im coming me and rosie strumpet

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 21/10/2013 19:13  

A £5 donation is requested for the ride to go to Yorkshire air ambulance and hang on to a dream childrens charity.
toys are optional.
any toys donated will be given to st georges crypt. please leave toys unwrapped so parents can choose the toys their children would like and they can wrap them themselves. wrapping paper will also be gladly accepted.

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 22/10/2013 00:52  

Thanks for the update Vlad, I've updated the calendar http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=4340

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/10/2013 01:33  

Squires Santa Run 2013
Safety Brief & Attendance Instructions

Upon arrival at squires café bar.

Please be aware that the sleigh will need full access through the car park on departure.

once you have parked your vehicle please make your way to the café entrance, with your toy or donation the toy run team will be available to take your donation. You will also at this time be able to purchase your toy run patches or t-shirts we have available(limited stocks only).

Firstly thank you to everyone that will be taking the time and effort and attending the 2013 Santa Run . Contained within this document will be details of what to expect and do on the day of the ride and how you can help ensure that it is safe, enjoyable and memorable day for all involved.

We do ask that you will join us in observing a two minute silence at 11am

Safety during the Santa run

We want to ensure that everyone taking part in the 2013 Santa run has a safe and enjoyable day. Please help us to do so by reading this safety brief in full.

1. Road-worthiness

Make sure that both themselves and their vehicle is legal to be used on the road. This includes having valid insurance, Road Fund Licence and where appropriate MOT. Learners should be displaying valid L plates. Bikes should be safe and roadworthy.

2. Speed

Speed limits must be adhered to at all times. There may be Police present during the ride and monitoring people heading to the starting points or leaving after the event. Anyone caught breaking the speed limit will be liable to be prosecuted.

3. Rules of the Road

All traffic signals and directions should be followed at all times. This includes stopping at red lights, giving way to other road users that have right of way, and adhering to the Highway Code and UK Traffic Laws at all times.

4. Riding Position

We would ask that where it is safe to do so all riders adopt the staggered riding position to help keep the procession of bikes as short as possible. IE. Rider 1 near the kerb with the following rider keeping a safe distance behind and riding slightly off side. The next rider goes back to the near side and so on as shown below.

Please also ensure that on single carriage ways, all riders stick to their side of the road and do not cross the white line on bends, potentially putting themselves into the pathway of oncoming traffic.

5. Overtaking

Under no circumstances should there be any overtaking whilst on the ride. Please stick to your position within the ride. The only overtaking permitted is by the designated marshals, so please be alert and aware of their presence and if safe to do so make room for them to overtake.

6. High Vis

We would ask that anyone taking part in the toy run refrains from wearing Orange Hi Viz Clothing whilst taking part on the ride. This will assist other riders being able to identify the official marshals who will all be wearing Orange Hi Viz jackets

Breakdowns

Should anyone be unfortunate enough to break down or have a mechanical problem during the ride, please safely signal and pull over, park up and wait for the support vehicle to assist you. They will be at the tail end of the ride to pick up anyone unfortunate enough to breakdown.

8. Other Road Users

During the ride please always be considerate to other road users and pedestrians. Please keep revs (and noise) down through built up areas and villages.

9. Please be aware the toy run route will be fully marshalled giving clear indications of the route to be taken. If you arrive at a junction and there is no apparent marshal accept this as a straight on direction.

Thank You

Thank you for taking the time to read this brief. We look forward to seeing you all on the 10th November for what is set to be a day of fun for all those taking part.

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 23/10/2013 18:23  

get your bikes out on Sunday and join us before the temps get too cold to enjoy the roads.

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 04/11/2013 14:18  

i caaaaaaant keep the noise down on my bike even at tickover its loud boooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 05/11/2013 05:53  

Pmsl @zzrbabe ....

Whats more worrying n difficult is keeping @stuie quiet!!!
***titter***

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 06/11/2013 07:50  

I AM ALWAYS QUIET

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/11/2013 20:41  

Ssssshhh, no need to SHOUT!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 06/11/2013 20:44  

I AM NOT S H O U T I N G,

J U S T T R Y I N G T O

B E

H U R D O V E R

D E B Z

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/11/2013 20:50  

soooooorrrry guys not gonna be at this one now as ive finally got my pass for low north camp so going trials riding sunday instead.have fun and ride safe everyone

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 08/11/2013 07:06  

lots going on at squires after the ride and the sunshine is on order so come and join us.
There will be a two minute silence at 11 to mark rememberence day

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 09/11/2013 14:51  

Just been told the Farmers near Squires have been working in the fields today and the roads are covered in mud!!

Please be careful tomorrow.. ride safe everyone

See you there

Update Reply
Karey @ 09/11/2013 19:23  

Great ride today and good to spend some time with fellow bmers. see you at hallowistmas

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 10/11/2013 17:47  

Yeah good ride-out, bloody cold but worth it!

Update Reply
centurion @ 10/11/2013 18:06  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email