MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Whistle Stop Cafe, Whitby

Whistle Stop Cafe, Whitby - Forums [Biker Match] Whistle Stop Cafe, Whitby - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Whistle Stop Cafe, Whitby

Is the parking there free for bikes if you're not parked outside the cafe? If you are outside the cafe, do they get the hump if you go for a walk??

Cheers me dears.

Me :)

Update Reply
MjN @ 27/09/2013 16:55  

Not sure I know which café that is... there is one café at a roundabout with a car park in front of it... and parking for bikes is free at designated bays... and nothing to do with the cafe

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 27/09/2013 17:00  

Not heard or been here ....is it worth a visit ?????

Update Reply
Intruder18 @ 27/09/2013 19:32  

I go there often Mj . I usually park at the cafe, have a cuppa (and cake), go for a roam around the town, then roll back up to the bike whenever.....there's never been a problem....... might even be there tomorrow

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/09/2013 19:41  

Oh and yes, it's free!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/09/2013 19:43  

it's at the train station http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restau...tml Popular Whitby restaurants Ditto Restaurant Beckett's coffee shop Humble Pie 'n' Mash Falling Foss Tea Garden Teare Wood's Luxury Ice Cream Pa...our Number 4 Cafe Bar & Restaurant&...ant Shepherd's Hall Tea Rooms Lealho...olm The Marine Sandside Cafe Vinyard The Singing Kettle Magpie Cafe The Postgate Country Inn Trenchers Kam Thai Coast Cafe Bar Marie Antoinette's Patisserie Elizabeth Botham & Sons Sherlock's Coffee House Hamonds Tea Room and Cafe

Update Reply
Sandi @ 27/09/2013 19:44  

Bigger letters maybe ... Is it worth a visit ????

Update Reply
Intruder18 @ 27/09/2013 19:55  

Maybe just the once 18

Update Reply
Emzed @ 27/09/2013 20:00  

Do you mean to Whitby, or the cafe itself Intruder? The cafe is actually at the railway station, and shares parking space with a car park - the bikes just park along the front of the cafe, and in any random space the cars can't fit into.
On a good day, there may be around 60-70 bikes there.
Must say though, it's worth it for the cake alone - they're HUGE, so you can easily share them.

As for Whitby, it's just a lovely old fishing town - plenty fish n chips 'n stuff, good to walk round, whatever!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/09/2013 20:02  

Cake and share does not go together PB ..... thank you very much for the info ...I will be visiting soon

Update Reply
Intruder18 @ 27/09/2013 20:04  

I loooouuuurrrrvvveee Whitby....

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 27/09/2013 20:44  

I know you cannot park in the 2 left hand bays when you face the cafe. They're private parking and y

Update Reply
MjN @ 27/09/2013 20:58  

I know you cannot park in the 2 left hand bays when you face the cafe. They're private parking and you will find mad women taking photos of your bike to report you but I've never read the signs there to be sure.

May be taking Brat there tomorrow. HE'S NEARLY OOP NOORTH!! YAY!

And inty, whitbys worth it for the fish and chips. :)

Thanks for the replies people. Much appreciated. :)

Update Reply
MjN @ 27/09/2013 21:00  

Hi Mjn,

and "others"

Whitby is my "short day out" venue of choice, and probably visit there 50 or so times a season?

the 2 parking spaces mentioned earlier, only, are attached to the whistle stop,
any other parking is OFFICIALY pay n display, and the two on far right (with back to café) are disabled only,
its pretty lenient though as far as parking, though "occasionally" a new warden gets a bit keen!
as long as you don't be an idiot though folk are ok.
until last month the lady who owned it (Angie) was very pleasant to bikers/ bike riding folk,
though I have not visited since she said she was moving on, so cannot comment on the "new" place.

it is/ (was) certainly worth a visit, and if the change turns out not to be for best, I cab fully recommend the "court yard café" just over the road, n up the first street as your heading back to moors, in the court yard duh.

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 27/09/2013 22:43  

If you park on the hill part, then make sure you leave the bike in gear............... I'm saying no more than that

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 28/09/2013 09:55  

The cake is FABULOUS!! I tried the Lemon one last time I was there ... it had great big pieces of lemon in it ... Yum, yum, yum!

Go to the Magpie for fish n chips ...

take a stroll in the back streets, some brilliant Goth shops ...

Do I sound like Im working for the Tourist Information Board?! hmmmm, OK ... better stop now GO TO WHITBY ... It's great!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 29/09/2013 18:09  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email