MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Question for Admin

Question for Admin - Forums [Biker Match] Question for Admin - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Question for Admin

Ok long story short, my profile pic keeps getting changed and I'm getting pissed off with it, before you ask, yes you can see my face, no its not covered in any way, shape or form.

That said I still see profiles with people wearing helmets, totally covering their faces, these pics have been up for weeks, so politely can you sort it out as I'm getting a tad pissed off.

Update Reply
freewheeler1973 @ 26/09/2013 18:48  

I can understand your frustration and seeing other profiles not as clear as your own. As the mods work thouht the list and get to you its your turn unfortunatly. I can assure you they will all be sorted out but as there are a limited number of mods this will take time. But to be honest if I saw you at a meet I could not recognize you from your pic. jpharley events team

Update Reply
JP @ 26/09/2013 19:05  

Ya know all it takes is two seconds to look through the 'whos online' pics I did it and found 3 people with either helmets on or too far away to see in less than a min, I also found one guy with an email addy in his description of himself....... he has been online for days. What should apply to one should apply to all.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/09/2013 19:16  

Every time somebody joins or an existing member changes their profile, it goes into a list to be moderated and checked. Depending on how many there are determines how long it takes to get through them all. As we have had a great summer and folks would rather be out on the bikes then sitting at a keyboard we are slightly behind and playing catch up. After a poll of members last year it was voted that your profile pic clearly shows your face. We are happy for folks to report any profiles that do not adhere to the rules. Every profile has a notify mod button where you can report it and a message is sent to the mods. I appreciate that it can be annoying but please bear with us, we are all unpaid volunteers and go as fast and as accurate as we can.

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 26/09/2013 19:28  

Lulu have you reported the profile with the email Addy

Update Reply
JP @ 26/09/2013 19:34  

Loathe as I am yo comment further on this topic It's a perenial issue I've reported "inappropriate" profile pics to the moderater team in the past Sometimes they have been changed, sometimes not But it doesn't stop me reporting others I find along the way I've found quite a few like you did Lulu as I'm looking through the "online" members I must agree with JP though I've said it before & I'll say it again A pic taken from 20 yards away or 20 years ago Isn't a blind bit of good to anyone because it's impossible to tell who they are from it, IN REAL LIFE "TODAY" Like JP said I can't tell what you look like freewheeler so I would walk straight past you even at a BM meet Having said all that I wouldn't have a moderators job Not even for FREE "LIFE" membership

Update Reply
Emzed @ 26/09/2013 19:40  

No JP hon I dont like 'touting' as I see it.....just will rely on the mods etc to sort it.... none of my business really, just agreeing with Freewheeler in general.... Thanks for info Jackie

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/09/2013 19:41  

Well Emz Im actually really only 21 and my pic is a future one so what ya gonna do about that eh? hahahahahaha XXX

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/09/2013 19:42  

Lulu it's not a problem if your not happy reporting profile's. They will be spoted in the end or reported by another membe

Update Reply
JP @ 26/09/2013 19:46  

Just for reference or for any new folks or old ones who haven't looked at the rules for a while lol Rule 21 Profile photos must be in accordance with the following rules. Failure to cooperate will result in your photos being remove or your account deleted... Your "Main Profile Photo" must show your face clearly. If you are using a picture which has your partner in it also, please make it clear which one is you, as some site names do not give a clue to gender. It should also be as recent as possible. Miscellaneous photos such as bikes, cars, kitchens, fish, sheep(!), etc can be uploaded in addition to your Main Pic. We have no problem with you uploading jokes which add humour to the site... but your main pic has to show your face clearly. Photos solely of other people - If you are uploading pictures of other people, please bear in mind that some folk do not like having their photos taken and you wouldn't want people putting your worst picture on THEIR profile would you? If in doubt ask them first. Photos of children are explicitly not allowed! Unless: it is photos of yourself with your own children. You must have at least one other photo which clearly identifies you. This policy is so that we adhere to the Children's Protection Act 1989. Weapons/Guns being held by a person will not be allowed in profile photos. Neither will photos representing gangs or other threatening behaviour be allowed. 'Suggestive' photos will not be allowed. It goes without saying that 'nude' photos aren't allowed, but neither are those that are too suggestive and of an adult nature. It's at a moderator's discretion whether to allow your photo or not. Photos that are so small and pixelated where it's impossible to make out any details will be removed. These photos frustrate other members (who think that the site is at fault and end up reporting the photo to us). Photos including personal contact information put you at risk, and so will be removed. You will only be given 1 warning, the 2nd time you upload a photo with your contact details in you will be banned from the site (Permanently & without exception, subscribed member or not). Number plates of vehicles should be removed, but we do not enforce this. You put yourself at risk if you include your number plate in photos, from those who copy plates to those who want to find you. You should edit your photo(s) before uploading. Please be aware of other people's number plates as well as your own.

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 26/09/2013 19:47  

with regards to walking by me at a meet as my pic is so far away then JP I wouldn't notice you in all honesty from your pic nor Jackie either, that's not me being facetious just honest, caps, wooly hats etc etc, photos that are 10 or even 20 years old, photos of a photo, tiny photos, they are all on here, a mods job is a mods job you do it regardless of the weather being nice, if you don't have time for it then pass it over to another member, simple.

I have read this and its been discussed to death on many various forums that I visit. If you expect a profile pic to be recognisable then the only way to do so properly is to have a passport photo as anything else is clearly not appropriate.

Update Reply
freewheeler1973 @ 26/09/2013 20:17  

Why dont we just employ the old police file photo system? Have everyone stand in front of a white wall with a board in front of us with our names and stats on it?

By the way, if you passed BJ or JP at a rally you would certainly recognise them, they look exactly as they do in their pics.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/09/2013 20:20  

Freewheeler I have never had any issues with folk recognising me lol Being a moderator involves more than checking profiles, without going into a huge detail, privacy and confidentiality comes into play quite a lot. May I ask whether you have every moderated on any kind of site before? As I said its voluntary and there is no reason why you cant put yourself forward for the role.

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 26/09/2013 20:24  

Sumat like this 66

Update Reply
Emzed @ 26/09/2013 20:29  

That is without doubt, the one faux pas of the past that took the biscuit. I would not have exercised my profile editing skills over this pic, it is clear in this image, that the member known as mz is not one of the members with lumps in the front of their jumpers.
For a start off, none of them are sporting a full set around their jaws.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/09/2013 20:37  

Twas this one that caused the furor 66 Which gave rise to the previous one

Update Reply
Emzed @ 26/09/2013 20:44  

See above post.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/09/2013 20:45  

Freewheeler 1973. I have just looked at your profile and you have plenty of pics on there that are far better and show the real person, I think your just being diffecult for the hell of it. Im not haveing a go at you we all do it from time to time. What I am sick of the constant petty rows on BM over the last few weeks, If you dont like the rules as thay are the simply answer is remove your pic and just have no picture or move on to a site that you feel has a better policey on profile pictures.

Update Reply
JP @ 26/09/2013 21:18  

Moving this thread to the Website Issues/Help Requests forum

Update Reply
Sandi @ 26/09/2013 21:38  

as jackie states, there is more to being a mod than just looking at photos.The mod team is quite small for the amount of work generated on this type of site, we're all volunteers, and we all have families, work, etc. We try to pick up on photos as they are uploaded but obviously some do slip through the net. If these are reported to us we check them out and take appropriate action. If you change your photo back to an original photo after a mod has changed it and advised you of the change you are just making additional work for the team who are then not changing other photos that members report.

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 27/09/2013 00:08  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email