MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Ride to the Wall 5th October 2013

Ride to the Wall 5th October 2013 (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Ride to the Wall 5th October 2013 (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Ride to the Wall 5th October 2013

No russian hat will be infultrating the RTTW marshalls on this mission.

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 03/10/2013 16:33  

Hi. I have been in touch with TABOO7 and my pillion seat is now taken. I hope we will see some of you there. If you look on here for my profile you will be able to see what the bike looks like and so hopefully stop me and say hi. Hope to see you there...

Update Reply
JMGAs wheels @ 03/10/2013 16:42  

I'm going with another Derbyshire based bike club (cos am pinching a pilly ride!) but will be looking out for you all ..... If ya see a mad looking woman on the back of a H..H...Ha..(its not coming out !!) - a large bike - and she is waving - then it me !!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/10/2013 18:28  

Sadly no joy with an offer of a pilly seat so coming by car - so hope I'll see some other BM-ers there

Update Reply
Saltaire @ 03/10/2013 19:40  

If anybody wants a contact number for meeting up when there drop me a pm :-)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 04/10/2013 17:42  

Are there no bikers coming from the south west , Im going via the Worcester services meeting point , from just north of Bristol , going up on the M5 on me lonesome , billy no mates! I may bump into any of you , dont be afraid just say hi hope to see you there.

Update Reply
bobdog @ 04/10/2013 22:57  

All the best to those doing the RTTW today.

I wish I could do this but I have to work.

I'll be with you all in spirit.

Update Reply
Karey @ 05/10/2013 05:14  

Be at Bassetts Pole around 10:15 ish if anyones about ? Then on to Drayton Manor Enjoy the day.

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 05/10/2013 08:15  

what an emotional experience.....nuf said

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 05/10/2013 17:27  

VFR... I can imagine..

I've been watching some footage from todays ride and I was filling up..
It makes you so incredibly proud to be British and proud of our forces.

Well Done to all those that took part today.

R.I.P. to all the fallen.. Lest We Forget.

Update Reply
Karey @ 05/10/2013 17:33  

I was in tears inside me helmet going through Tamworth, all people lining the road and waving, lost count of how many kids I gave 'low five' to. Brilliant, then the service at the Arboretum got me again.

Book yerself a day off for next years, I booked off my nights to do this, glad I did.

Bumped into a few BM's , no doubt more there than I saw though.

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 05/10/2013 19:18  

I can imagine the atmosphere.. I'm so gutted I missed it, but I was there in spirit.

I will definitely be booking this weekend off next year, it just wasn't possible this year.. not through want of trying...believe me.

I was married to a soldier and we lost our best man in Northern Ireland.. so any of these occasions mean a lot to me.

Just seeing the support along the route is enough to make your eyes leak.. WELL DONE to all those involved........ I salute you.

Update Reply
Karey @ 05/10/2013 19:23  

What an awesome day, so emotional and so fantastic all at the same time! So many bikes, so many tears and so many smiles. Thanks GolfNovember for the pilly ride, and great to meet you VFR800AJ, and good to see you again Big Ray and Jen.

Update Reply
TAB007 @ 05/10/2013 20:24  

Great day. good to see bmers at Woodhall, Drayton Manor and the arboretum. A few photos on events page

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 05/10/2013 20:49  

Thanks for the wonderful pics Vlad http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/gallery/gallery.asp?event_id=4145

Update Reply
Sandi @ 05/10/2013 23:00  

Very poinant day at the Arboritum, and what a wonderful turn out . All along the way folks gathered on the bridges with Union Jacks and waving at all of us. The caring ceremonies brought some tears for sure.... Huge thanks to Ray for taking me....(pics to follow later ) x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/10/2013 09:31  

What a day, that was incredidle. I was almost in tears when I saw people on bridges welcoming us in, I could believe the response we got. then the place its self is beautiful and atmospheric. the whole day, was an experience, and one hell of a trubute to the men and women that the arboretom was built to to remember.

Update Reply
niki stone @ 06/10/2013 09:36  

Well almost made it to RTTW, would of got there if my brakes hadn't decided lock up completely 6 miles past Corley services, causing me to involuntarily slow rather rapidly and having to pull out of the ride. Shame also for my pillion and Brownhole who was following me.
Trike had to make the sad journey home on the back of an AA truck...............how undignified!!!!

Update Reply
drobess @ 06/10/2013 19:03  

Bloody hell Tracey .. I bet you were gutted

Update Reply
Karey @ 06/10/2013 19:07  

Just a bit Kaz, more so for me pillion and Brownhole

Update Reply
drobess @ 06/10/2013 19:41  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email