MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Has a thief done you a favour ?

Has a thief done you a favour ? - Forums [Biker Match] Has a thief done you a favour ? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Has a thief done you a favour ?

prompted by something i read earlier............ I had a Montego EFI some years ago and when i decided to sell it, I was made various part chop offers. However i then had it stolen off the drive one night. So i claimed on the insurance and they wanted a photograph of the car. So i sent one taken in the South of France, glorious sun, and i got offered £400 more than the offers i got from dealers. Also when my marriage split up for the second time, i had a caravan that i was not able to sell and i was at a loss to know what to do with it. Then some thieving toerag stole it from the farm where i had it stored. so i got the insurance money for that too.

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 20/09/2013 12:43  

Insurance settlements don't usually work in your favour, so you did well there! I had a nice mountain bike stolen from my shed about ten years ago, and my insurers replaced it with another one that was worth £200 more....!

Update Reply
Purplebikerboy @ 21/09/2013 10:04  

Another woman stole my husband, does that count?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 21/09/2013 11:26  

There were two bikes I had which I wish had been stolen - a Triumph TSS which was the 8 valve Bonnevile, nothing but trouble and I took a big hit on the trade-in after only 15 months of ownership and; an Aprilia Faco also troublesome but a better trade-in after 5 years.

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 21/09/2013 11:29  

@ Sandi Thanks
I'll spend the next few mins cleaning the tea off the keyboard

Update Reply
Big Twin @ 21/09/2013 13:33  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email