MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

HD 2014 Models

HD 2014 Models - Forums [Biker Match] HD 2014 Models - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

HD 2014 Models

Went down to Aylesford HD on Saturday to see the new 2014 models....they were expecting a load of people but it wasn't that busy. First thing that caught my eye was the new Ultraglide...what a bike! Ceramic brakes, ABS, sat nav and it even tells you when you are low on fuel and takes you to the nearest station. Another thing i like is the 'Hard candy' paintwork only available in three colours but i do like the sparkle that they have added...would look awesome in Black.
Ride Safe
Tim

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/09/2013 07:38  

Why the hell would you need ceramic brakes on a Harley ??
Arr well at least they don't go rusty lol

Update Reply
JP @ 20/09/2013 10:01  

Just for a laugh, what was the price of the Ultra ?
Seeing as the MoCo reckon twinkie's very rarely do more than 20,000 miles, at 21,000 mile all the fancy stuff will self destruct anyway.

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 20/09/2013 16:00  

£22k

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/09/2013 16:58  

"Why the hell would you need ceramic brakes on a Harley" well how about 0-60mph in 3.75 secs top speed of 145mph that's why I want ceramic brakes

Update Reply
myotherworld @ 20/09/2013 17:29  

Still no need for ceramic brakes just a gimmick to get you to pay silly money for an already over priced bike

Update Reply
JP @ 20/09/2013 17:35  

Is it because they dissipate heat faster?

Update Reply
cuzzie @ 20/09/2013 18:44  

I thought the idea of ceramic brakes was that they are designed to run hotter and gain efficiency in doing so. Well that's how they work on race cars

Down side ceramic brakes are very expensive to replace. I think they should be an option.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 20/09/2013 18:59  

from web site "NOT ALL BRAKES PADS ARE CREATED EQUAL" Some technical information can help you understand the differences between the kinds available on the market. There are three types of friction material commonly used for motorcycle brakes: sintered metal, ceramic, and Carbon-Kevlar. Sintered-metallic brake pads, which have a high metal content, are typically hard and abrasive to the rotor surface while offering moderate stopping power and mechanical strength. Service life tends to be significantly lower while they also tend to run more dirty and noisy than other types of friction material. They are inexpensive to manufacture and are the cheapest pads on the market. Ceramic brake pads usually have a high copper content and are sintered as well. While ceramic pads generally offer a slightly longer service life and run cleaner than sintered-metallic pads, they offer only moderate stopping power. Carbon-Kevlar pads, often referred to as organic pads, usually have a small percentage of iron or nonferrous metal and are softer than other friction materials. Carbon-Kevlar pads typically run clean and quiet, and offer good stopping power. They have an extremely long service life and are not abrasive to the rotor because they generate less heat than other friction materials." as for the cost, shop around. but at the end of the day, its your bike and your bones and skin. brake pad are one of the things people fit and forget until they stop working, problem is you only find that out when you really really want them to work.

Update Reply
myotherworld @ 20/09/2013 19:47  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email