MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

best anti mist spray?

best anti mist spray? - Forums [Biker Match] best anti mist spray? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

best anti mist spray?

as above, what have you tried? what do you use? what works?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/09/2013 22:21  

Keeping the visor open a crack at the bottom...Make sure all the helmet vents are fully open (difficult in the rain!). Use an open face helmet!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/09/2013 23:37  

On my Nitro helmets i always used Fog City inserts, which were great, but on the Shark i have just now, leaving the inlet open does the trick......................except when i stop So just flick visor up for a min. I did try the miracle stick thingy they demo'd at the NEC Worked a treat inside the NEC in a warm evironment.out on the road...effin useless.

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 18/09/2013 13:23  

I have to agree with you there AJ About the demo's They should be made to go outside on a cold foggy morning or better still at night Then show us how effective these products are I'm pretty sure most won't pass the test Trouble is that the folk who are trying to sell the stuff rarely have to rely on it at daft o'clock to go to work So more often than not I'm wiping my visor/specs with my gloved hand I did see some stuff last year that looked promising but I've not tried it yet If I find it again I'll post a link Then you can make your own choice

Update Reply
Emzed @ 18/09/2013 13:36  

Fog City insert!! Had it on for 3 years but this year the sticky stuff that holds it on lost its stickiness. Remedy----small strips of double sided clear tape. Result:) It cost me £30 i think but well worth it, unless you are in the habit of dropping your helmet/swapping visors. Never tried the sprays so cant realy comment. Have i just missed the point of the topic?

Update Reply
DukeZ @ 18/09/2013 13:52  

Try a pearl size drop of neat washing up liquid and rub it in completely (only on the inside), it lasts about 3/4 days and when your just done it, you get a nice lemon smell of which ever scent you use.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 18/09/2013 14:07  

Nowt , but I do wear an Oxford summer Balaclava with a soft aluminium wire fitted across the nose . Ya just squeeze the wire against your hooter for a good seal . The Balaclava also stops you getting a sweaty helmet . (no , on your head . Pillock)
Dusty x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 18/09/2013 15:06  

Pinlock insert for me so with my glasses and the visor I do feel more like a goldfish looking out his tank

You would think with today's technology summat would actually work

Update Reply
Big Twin @ 18/09/2013 15:48  

with ragnar on this

Update Reply
myotherworld @ 18/09/2013 18:02  

Smear a touch of shaving foam on the inside of the visor.

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 18/09/2013 18:05  

Pledge or a simular polish.

Been doing it for over 20 years if I don't have a pinlock

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/09/2013 18:51  

Moving this to 'Bikes, Products and Services' forum

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/09/2013 22:45  

My old recipe was a chunk of Pear's clear soap dissolved in isopropyl alcohol. It dries quickly and can be polished with a handkerchief.

Update Reply
Eiron @ 25/09/2013 18:36  

Pin lock for me ...great invention

Update Reply
Intruder18 @ 27/09/2013 20:39  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email