MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Cats Protection Charity Ride - East Sussex 28/09/13

Cats Protection Charity Ride - East Sussex 28/09/13 - Forums [Biker Match] Cats Protection Charity Ride - East Sussex 28/09/13 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Cats Protection Charity Ride - East Sussex 28/09/13

Who's up for this one?

A friend of mine is arranging a Charity Ride In to the National Cat Adoption Centre, Chelwood Gate, East Sussex. Donations of cat food, kitten food and toys will be greatfully received, we will be given a tour of the Centre and they have a Tea shop for refreshments.
So lets have your name's down for this one, get collecting for all the little pussies and lets go for a ride Once we have finished there we could all go for a ride out somewhere and grab a bite to eat too, any excuse for a biker gathering i say, and for a good cause.
I have put this on the events calendar this evening, it should show up soon once passed by Admin staff.

We will be meeting at Pease Pottage Services, junction 11 M23 at 10.30 am, then riding on to Chelwood Gate to drop off the food etc and have a look around.

Look forward to seeing a few of you on this one.

Update Reply
AndySimmo @ 17/09/2013 21:37  

My cat has destroyed my carpet, throws up at random sites around the house and dribbles on me. But, I am up for a ride out this weekend so maybe I will come.
If I bring some cat food will they also take my cat.

Update Reply
ColinB @ 17/09/2013 21:43  

Maybe they will take your cat Colin, i have 2 here that do the same, my carpet is ruined and my couch scratched to bits ...... hmmmm! Donation of cats Nope, that's not the idea
Look forward to seeing you Colin.

Update Reply
AndySimmo @ 17/09/2013 21:48  

OK, I'm gonna sign up for this, when's it on the events page?

Update Reply
ColinB @ 18/09/2013 19:12  

I entered the details for this on events yesterday, still waiting for someone to pass it and post it. Hopefully it will turn up soon.

Update Reply
AndySimmo @ 18/09/2013 19:48  

I've just noticed the part about allowing 48 hours for your event to be added isn't on the 'add an event' page anymore Anyway impatient one tis on the calendar now http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=4330

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/09/2013 22:18  

This is now on the events calendar so lets see some names down for this one.

http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=4330

Update Reply
AndySimmo @ 18/09/2013 22:18  

Thanks Sandi, luv ya

Can't help it if i get all excited about getting out on the bike, and all in aid of some lovely pussies too

Update Reply
AndySimmo @ 18/09/2013 22:21  

Y W Andy, I bet you say that to all the women

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/09/2013 22:25  

Only to the very special women Sandi

So how's my grovelling skills, are they impressive?

Update Reply
AndySimmo @ 18/09/2013 22:32  

CLEAN YOUR BIKES EVERYONE

Cheryl's put her name down for this one

Nice one Cheryl, look forward to seeing you again.

Update Reply
AndySimmo @ 18/09/2013 22:38  

Andy, in Birmingham 'special' has a very different meaning, ask Jackie Oh yes, you're doing very well but that tongue will get ya into trouble if you're not careful

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/09/2013 22:49  

Lol... Nice clean bike again after the KISS rally. Did it that afternoon in the rain after I got home

Also looking forward to meeting up again with everyone

Update Reply
Cheryl @ 18/09/2013 22:54  

I can't make this one Keep me in mind if any other events come up
Do we know if anyone is sorting a Christmas do?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/09/2013 09:11  

i would, just for the record, like to say that the comment about clean your bikes is very discrminatory to those of a more casual approach to the visual aesthetics of motorcycling. whilst to some shiny shiny may be an oft repeated mantra there are segments of the motorcycling fraternity who place less importance on the wet chamois approach to their mutual hobby, preferring to allow their chosen mode of transport to adopt a more natural ambiance, or as some may describe it, bloody dirty ain't it mate?
raising this issue in the open forums can only lead to certain members of the motorcycling family feeling that they cannot attend events unless they are prepared to forgo their strongly held beliefs and invest a great deal of time and energy, which could be usefully employed elsewhere, in conforming to what the turtlewax police are trying to enforce as an acceptable policy.
i would therefore be grateful if it could be confirmed whether or not urban camouflage, or 'dirty' bikes will be made welcome on this run or not
another question i would like to ask is what kind of food is it politically correct to bring? i had an altercation with a pigeon on the way to beaulieu and would very much like to feed the little bar steward to the cats. please let me know if this is considered acceptable.

Update Reply
xj @ 19/09/2013 22:59  

Well said XJ
It's something that had to be said. XJ for PM

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 19/09/2013 23:32  

xj. Your very welcome to join us on your ...... errrr! ...... Au Natural looking machine that hasn't seen soap suds, sponge or chamois for quite some time, at least it gets a sort of clean when you ride out in the rain Just don't park next to Cheryl's bike, she won't be happy if the dust on your bike gets on her machine
Come and join us xj, we promise (fingers crossed) not to mention cleaning bikes OR camping

Look forward to seeing you again mate

Update Reply
AndySimmo @ 20/09/2013 21:30  

I may clean it. Have to get new silencers and they will look so out of place, so clean the bike and they can all blend in together.

Update Reply
xj @ 21/09/2013 08:18  

Turncoat
XJ not for PM

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 21/09/2013 11:58  

Managed to get a suck err mean mate to cover my shift on Saturday, so I will be coming along. On a dirty bike cos I can't be arsed to wash it.

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 22/09/2013 01:34  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email