MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

National YouthBike

National YouthBike - Forums [Biker Match] National YouthBike - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

National YouthBike

Hi folks, I'm looking for some help! those that know me will know that i work with young people in Liverpool and we have been looking for a decent project to give the kids some focus for their energy and creativity. So, when i was at the Stormin the Castle rally there was a stand display by National Youth Bike charity. Thsi supports youth groups to get young people to build, refurbish, renovate or innovate any style of bike or trike, as a year long project. This culminates in a summer camp and custom bike show, where the young people take themselves and their creation to the show to meet other groups and get a taste of the biker lifestyle. Heres the webby link http://www.youthbike.com/index.html So, basically i am on the scrounge!! anyone got an old bike, or engine, or wheels or anything really? I can collect, i got a trailer, so anything within reasonable distance of Manchester/Liverpool. the young people are gonna have to do a lot of their own fundraising and all the design and work must come from them, we just need a head start. I mean, anything like control cables, indies, chain, mudguards etc etc. OFC BM and its members will get credits on the display stand when we go to the finals, so come on folks, give us a hand please. Thanks you. Duke/Tom

Update Reply
DukeZ @ 17/09/2013 17:54  

Good luck with this one DukeZ. This project is something I have been aware of for several years now and it is well worth the effort of getting involved in.

My ex did something similar to what you are proposing, he worked with 14 - 19 year olds at the time and they thoroughly enjoyed themselves taking on every part of the process with very little direction. They actually built a 'buggy stylee machine'.. It was all very exciting for them when they took it to a grass track in Wakefield to test it out.

All in all a great experience for them and something to keep them occupied and off the streets. TOP BANANA

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 18/09/2013 02:36  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email