MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

i must agree with this

i must agree with this  - Forums [Biker Match] i must agree with this  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

i must agree with this

Seeing as the nodding debate seems to be the main topic of discussion this evening and the Anti Harley debate was the other night I thought I'd clear the air.....

Blackhack's guide to biking and being a biker.....

Nodding, .......You can if you want too,and to whom you want too.... But It's not compulsory.

Real bikers.....Anyone who can swing their leg over, and/or onto a bike/trike, Is a real biker (No if's or but's).

Choice of safety gear.....Is at the discretion of the said biker/triker (and nobody else)

Choice of bike/trike....Is again at the discretion of the pilot....(What You like is of no importance to me)

The "War" between sports bike riders V cruisers V Harley riders, is all in your own little heads...They ALL have their good points and their bad, But I find that most people who criticise other bikes have never owned one and are just showing their ignorance.

Update Reply
kaycat @ 14/09/2013 22:41  

Update Reply
Emzed @ 14/09/2013 22:44  

I'm nodding at all you say there Kaycat x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/09/2013 23:09  

Then there is sticking your leg out

Oh I didn't mean from a horse I know that's bad form

Update Reply
Big Twin @ 14/09/2013 23:26  

Stick my leg out!!!!!! I will fall over if I do that .....stick to nodding as a safer practice me thinks lol

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 15/09/2013 00:07  

KC, I'd go along with all you said. A wheel at each and an engine in between, try to be nice to people and if necessary, agree to differ...yep, that'll do me.
Ride safely, folks.

Update Reply
Wills @ 15/09/2013 01:23  

I'm impressed Big Twin ... I think any form of anything where one 'sticks ones leg out' has to be questionable !

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/09/2013 06:44  

Damn, I missed a good debating the other night then?! ;) Got to love a good debate.....helps us all to learn to live with one another even if we can't agree with each other. Or some bollx like that!

When's the next debate scheduled?! Maybe there should be a specific debate night with selected topic? ;D

Update Reply
MjN @ 15/09/2013 07:21  

MjN - I'm with you there .....why dont you start one ?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/09/2013 07:37  

I wouldn't know what I say Poshtotty....I'm too shy.

Update Reply
MjN @ 15/09/2013 07:47  

We could debate that .....is MjN too shy ?!! You get on the soap box first ...... ; )

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/09/2013 08:41  

well i dont care what you say i have my opinion as to whats a biker and whats a motorcyclist and theres no war between different bikes its just some people dont like cruisers some people do.i for one would never ride a cruiser.and yes ive ridden one and ive ridden a harley and many other bikes and to be fair its mainly the motorcyclists who say theres no difference not bikers.
and as ive said to anyone who asks me its my opinion and thats all there is too it and as ive said on facebook this subject gets really boring and just causes "heated disscussions" lol in fact many people have been kicked off facebook groups over it.i know im a biker have been since i was first sat on a bike."not a motorcyclist"

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 15/09/2013 09:25  

what ever

Update Reply
kaycat @ 15/09/2013 09:30  

woooooooooooooooooooo pmsl

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 15/09/2013 09:40  

Personally I don't see any difference between a 'motorcyclist' and a biker. at the end of the day we are all out there on two wheels (or three) for whatever reason you do it for,

There is enjoyment (which is me) I love just being out on it, then there's cost, practicality, etc.

when I nod at people I don't discriminate what type of machine they are on, be it Harley, sportsbike or whatever. It's their choice whether they nod back, some do, some don't.

There is the 'biker lifestyle' which I see as all your rally's etc, your bike builders, modifiers, etc. Depends on what you personally get out of it.

the overall thing for me and what I REALLY love, coming into biking at nearly 50 years old is the camaraderie.

If you get a group of car drivers turn up at say, the Bassetts pole to choose a local example, none of them will talk to the other, go about their business and depart. When you roll up on a bike and there are other bikers around, more often than not you will strike up a conversation about bikes, where you've been, places to go etc etc etc. help and advice etc

Brilliant

So there's my tuppence worth.

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 15/09/2013 14:41  

Funny enough , you're all correct . I'll explain how.

"HERE IS WISDOM. LET HIM THAT HATH UNDERSTANDING COUNT THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST : FOR IT IS THE NUMBER OF A MAN,,,,,'' etc etc.

1 =Citizen . A person unawares of any difference
between motorcyclists and bikers.

2=Motorcyclist . A Citizen who owns/rides a motorcycle.

3=Pillion . A Citizen on the back of a motorcycle.

4=Biker. A person that knows that he/she does not belong to groups 1, 2, or 3.

A Biker on the back of a Motorcyclist is still a group 4 person ; not a group 3.

I have friends in all four groups. It does not affect the quality of the individual .

Dusty x (4) A person that no longer owns /rides a motorcycle is either group 1,3 or 4

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 15/09/2013 16:32  

Well if you ride a bike in Europe for the most part they like to stick a leg out rather than take a hand off the handlebars or get a stiff neck I rather like the idea when passing a large group as opposed to doing the Churchill dog act if you see what I mean
However whilst on a horse it's definitely legs tucked in and feet pointed straight

Update Reply
Big Twin @ 15/09/2013 16:41  

I used to ride in Germany a lot years ago... well just as well as I lived there lol, they don't nod nor stick their leg out... as they ride on the other side of the road, the lift a couple of fingers of the left hand or take the left hand off and give a quick wave. To me personally, a biker has bikes in his soul and heart.... it doesn't matter which bike they ride... the wind is the same for any of them

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 15/09/2013 19:30  

Lynn is right, as someone who lived in Holland for 9 years I never once saw anyone stick their leg out. The riders there always lift their left hand up to acknowledge riders coming in the opposite direction. Although back patchers did used to nod, if they felt like it, no matter how ''bad ass'' they thought they were.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/09/2013 19:54  

Have to agree with Lynn just need to add a biker dont give a stuff what you ride or what you think of his/her choice of bike. Also Deb your not a biker cus we all know bikers are men not girls. is it getting warmer in here or is it just me ???

Update Reply
JP @ 15/09/2013 21:03  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email