MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Basic Maintenance Day

Basic Maintenance Day - Forums [Biker Match] Basic Maintenance Day - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Basic Maintenance Day

I've been asked on numerous occasions by countless BMers if we are having another newbies maintenance day So ..... this is a topic to "sound out" the likely interest I'm thinking of having it at Squires again but it's not "set in stone" as a venue, if anyone knows of somewhere else that would be suitable and big enough to accommodate us, please let me know Of course it largely depends on the weather If we're going to have do this outside But if my memory serves me correctly, there are some "outbuildings" at Squires If we got sufficient numbers to use as a "bargaining chip" with the management, based on the likely "spending" of our group we may be able to make use of one of them Even if it's only one at a time at least we'd be under cover So before I go hot-footing it to Squires Can we have some names on here please It would also be useful if you could add your bike's make & model beside your name It'll help me to try to get some literature prepared & try to download any available workshop manuals ( if anyone has a manual for their bikes it would be helpful to bring them along, or if you see a bike listed on here & you have a manual perhaps we could "borrow" it for the day ? ) I'll only be covering basic maintenance on this occasion but anyone with specific tasks beyond that, are welcome to raise their queries & I'll do my best to include them Any & all offers of help, from experienced "home mechanics" would also be welcome So come on peeps, who's up for it Oh & it will be FREE Although I won't refuse a cuppa from time to time

Update Reply
Emzed @ 13/09/2013 09:25  

Oooh - me ! Me ! I am only on a lickle Lexmoto Fozxy Vixen - and it will take me all day to get there - oh and the manual is in chinese (so that could make life fun!) but I WILL be there !

Cheers Emzed - way to go !!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/09/2013 09:30  

I would defo be interested.. although it depends on if I can get there... are you thinking of a whole day, or just an afternoon or evening? If it's a full day, Sunday's would be best. My bike is a Bonneville 865 59 plate xx

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 13/09/2013 09:31  

It will all depend on numbers Lynn If we get lots of takers we might have to be there ALL day But if there are only a few, then a half day (afternoon maybe ?) would be sufficient But don't forget Sunday is a busy day at Squires So Saturday may be better for us

Update Reply
Emzed @ 13/09/2013 09:36  

Ok... if push comes to shove... I could make Saturday afternoon too.... thanks MZ xx

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 13/09/2013 10:02  

brill mz xx will help out if you need me to hold out

Update Reply
kaycat @ 13/09/2013 10:16  

Always good to have you nearby KC I'm sure I'll find "something" for you to do

Update Reply
Emzed @ 13/09/2013 10:22  

Happy to help out backstage

Update Reply
Big Twin @ 13/09/2013 11:21  

oooh ooh me me me.....I'm up for that Emzed...and I even have a book for Roxy (aka Honda CBF500 ABS). Plus I've never been to Squires so it will be great to have a ride over.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 13/09/2013 12:22  

Thanks for the offer of help Big Twin Keep an eye on the forum thread I'll PM you when I have a definite plan

Update Reply
Emzed @ 13/09/2013 15:57  

I would fancy that but dependent on shifts

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 13/09/2013 17:34  

@ Emzed

Ok Mate I'm well used to putting on outside events

Update Reply
Big Twin @ 13/09/2013 20:31  

@Emzed ... My ex is a motor vehicle studies tutor for 14 -25 yr olds ... I just hope the rabble on here behave themselves more than his classes!!

BTW depending on when you decide to hold it ... I'll put my daughter's name down for it (she is going to uni next week but will come home for summat like this). She has been riding for 3 years now and had her own 'personal mechanic and maintenance guy' up to March this year, so this would be ideal to get her going methinks! She has got an ER-5 (but is desperate for something else )

Mind you I might need to join in too ... no bike atm but not doubt mum will have to help out!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 13/09/2013 21:34  

After starting this topic I remembered something Whilst we are on the similar subject It might be an option to consider what I used to do Check out the following links Oh and the 1st post in the last one always makes me crease But PLEASE don't click on the link in the last post in the second topic cos it no longer works http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?to...ic_id=3810 http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?to...ic_id=3901 http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?to...amp;page=1 http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?to...pic_id=473

Update Reply
Emzed @ 14/09/2013 06:14  

lots of takes mz need to get it sorted

Update Reply
kaycat @ 14/09/2013 21:44  

B U M P It looks as though the first weekend that doesn't clash with owt important is 12/13th October With the Anglesey ride out 21/22nd & Squires & Otley 29th & RTTW 5th Oct I could probably do the 28th if there are any interested But I need to know soon, to give me a little time to prepare and make enqiries/arrangements I would like to cater for as many as possible in one session And it may be the last chance we get before the "W" thing arrives A little "preventive" maintenance could keep some of you mobile through the next 6 months Let me know what you want peeps Or I'll have to make an "executive decision" And you know that's not like me

Update Reply
Emzed @ 16/09/2013 05:27  

I can make the 28 but I can also so october, so I'm happy to attend what ever suits you.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 16/09/2013 22:00  

Hi emzed, spoke to my daughter, she doubts she will be home much before crimbo but has asked if you run something in spring, can you please keep her in mind? I am still up for it .. just in a general sense n can make anytime. Although i wont have bike, can i loiter with intent to learn?! Lol.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 16/09/2013 22:35  

Linz you are more than welcome to learn on roxy with me

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 16/09/2013 22:42  

@RB .. that is soooo kind of you. I promise to be careful and treat Roxy with the utmost respect! Just like i do with that pesky sidekick of yours (you know who you are!)...!!!

@Emzed ... Count me in please!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 16/09/2013 23:57  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email