MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Films to write home about

Films to write home about (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Films to write home about (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Films to write home about

For a good laugh: PAUL, with Nick Frost and Simon Pegg

For a good cry: Usually anything featuring animals. Am avoiding WARHORSE because I just know I'll blub somewhere in it.

For a good scare: THE VILLAGE, M.Night Shyalaman

For action: UNDERWORLD, with Kate Beckinsale and Bill Nighy

Best TV series the moment: GAME OF THRONES and RIPPER STREET

Favourite Directors: M. Night Shyalaman, Tim Burton, Jean-Pierre Jeunet (AMELIE, CITY OF LOST CHILDREN, MIC MACS), Ridley Scott

Just love the stories. :}

Update Reply
LadyMiss Suz @ 05/03/2014 05:27  

@ tingaling warehorse is an amazing film and if your anything like me you wont cry at some point during the film you will cry from the minute it starts right to the end.
just watched mortal instruments and the second thor film fantastic two films and chris hemsley OMG how sexy and we get to see him with no shirt on mmmmmm

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 05/03/2014 05:38  

@ ZZ: Eeeeek! The whole way through? Damn. Now I'm not going to watch it. Tell me, does the horse die at the end? Don't like it when they die at the end. Too sad.

Been seeing the trailer for the second Thor film. Didn't actually see the first one. Second one is good?

Update Reply
LadyMiss Suz @ 05/03/2014 07:05  

No he doesn't die at least I don't remember him dying been long time since I watched it sure he doesn't and yes both Thor films are ace :)

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 05/03/2014 10:09  

@Tingaling... I gotta agree with you on Game of Thrones Best thing I've ever seen on telly, the tv series is not strictly faithful to the books but my goodness they do do them justice. Roll on April for the 4th series

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/03/2014 14:37  

Lulu, I have been waiting on tenterhooks for every new series to be released on DVD and then I spend two days on a GoT marathon. No waiting here!

ZZ: well, if the horse doesn't die at the end of the film, then I will watch it. Yeah, I know, I'm such a softie. :}

Update Reply
LadyMiss Suz @ 05/03/2014 20:36  

just watched the heat with sandra bullock and melissa mccarthy absolutly hilarious.couldnt stop laughing highly recomended

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 17/04/2014 05:58  

just watched a film again with sandra bullock an oldie from 98 "hope floats" and it was really good.i dont noramally watch chick flicks but this was very honest and true to the end about how cheating can effect people but how thay can pick themselves up very poingnant (if thats how its spelt) lol

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 21/04/2014 07:39  

The first Rambo film ; Closer to the Edge - TT film ; Star Wars ; Pirates of The Caribbean (for all your pirate talk needs) ; Alien & Aliens ; Bladerunner ; Predator ; Platoon ; Full Metal Jacket ; Despicable Me ; The Big Blue

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/04/2014 19:59  

Harold And Maude is an amazing film, and as a Yorkshire lass I also love Rita, Sue & Bob Too.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/04/2014 02:37  

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest..... no description or praise necessary except one word.... FABULOUS

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/04/2014 18:41  

Favourite films are:
Manhunter - the original Hannibal Lector movie
Top Gun
Heat - with Al Pacino & Robert DeNiro
Highlander
Apocolypse Now
Bladerunner
The Notebook

Update Reply
Wraith750 @ 25/04/2014 23:18