MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Films to write home about

Films to write home about (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Films to write home about (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Films to write home about

Well to hell with X factor last night dug out a movie from 86 and my god it still has the same dramatic effect on me now When the Wind Blows. Most of you will of seen it but for those that haven't your be in for a treat. From the writer of the Snowman director Jimmy Murakami blends hand-drawn animation with stop-motion animation to create a thoroughly unique and entirely startling film about the truth behind the nuclear war and the problems associated with blindly following the pointless instructions given by the Government. When the Wind Blows is one of a kind and one of the best uses of animation to tell a heart-breaking and poignant story that will stay with you long after the final scene.

Update Reply
Inspector Gadget @ 03/11/2013 16:22  

I love The Hunger Games and am looking forward to seeing the second film in a few weeks ! Sadly the reason that I like it is that I believe that it is something that COULD happen in future times : ( and that possible reality adds so much more emotion to the film ......

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/11/2013 22:57  

It's not a new film but well worth watching The Missing Postman British film making at its best

Update Reply
Emzed @ 05/11/2013 00:45  

best animated films ice age and shrek films

Update Reply
fudet @ 06/11/2013 17:31  

Good shout Fudet. UP and Brave are two more the latter having a top soundtrack.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/12/2013 19:22  

'Saving Mr Banks', went to see it at the weekend. Tom Hanks, Emma Thompson and cast are excellent. Good, clean, easy to watch movie that provides the feel good factor. True story behind Mary Poppins... makes you want to watch MP all over again and there is a bonus, it's on TV over Christmas, so cheese and crackers, glass of chilled Prosecco, not forgetting popcorn is on the agenda that night, yay

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/12/2013 22:46  

still no me

Update Reply
kaycat @ 17/12/2013 23:12  

I took my daughter to see the new Hobbit film last night. Good enough, but it's been well padded out from the book and could do with a lighter touch.

Having said that, Evangeline Lilly can come and treat any wounds on mine any time

Update Reply
Wills @ 17/12/2013 23:55  

Found 'Aces High' the whole film on U tube so just watched that. Have to see if i can find 'The Blue Max' next.

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 18/12/2013 05:50  

The boat that rocked,, if your a serious muso, its the one to watch,, brilliant 60s 70s sound track and bloody funny action all the way through.

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 21/12/2013 20:15  

I saw the second part of the Hobbit in 3D and thoroughly enjoyed it...as much or even more than the first part...got to wait for the 3rd and final part now DOH!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/12/2013 20:18  

watched the new man of steel film last night and must say i thought it was brilliant.much different to the original superman but fab all the same

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 25/12/2013 09:52  

Cloud Atlas ... long long film and all over the place, but great stuff
Watch out for the end credits ... worth the wait

Update Reply
justjerry @ 25/12/2013 10:38  

need to watch that again got real confused and didnt understand it so need to sit and watch it and pay attention but it looked good

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 25/12/2013 10:43  

i just watched a fantastic film.not a new one but just epic.called a time to die!! with samuel l jackson.he played an amazing part and one i will deffo watch this again

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 04/03/2014 18:32  

Billy Elliot - on now.

Who's NOT turning the volume on full every time T-Rex kick in?
Great film.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 04/03/2014 21:48  

Forget 'what made you smile' I 'laughed out loud' when The Jam came on and the volume went up so high the clock shook itself off the top of the telly!

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 04/03/2014 22:05  

bridges of madison county, my fav of all time

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/03/2014 22:11  

The Shining..... a proper classic and chilling movie with Jack Nicholson doing his very best deliciously insane character..... 'all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy....etc etc'.... ad infinitum

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/03/2014 23:29  

Danny, as an Eastwood film, it ranks as one of his best in a NON western vein But being a photographer I would say that wouldn't Among his other non specific genre films, Play Misty for Me is a firm favourite But I think my all time favourite Eastwood film is Two Mules for Sister Sarah with the fabulous Shirley Maclaine I recently watched the 1st "Hunger Games" film and found it very entertaining I can now look forward to watching the second one

Update Reply
Emzed @ 04/03/2014 23:44  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email