MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Angelsey Ride Out suggested dates

Angelsey Ride Out suggested dates - Forums [Biker Match] Angelsey Ride Out suggested dates - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Angelsey Ride Out suggested dates

Okey dokey, anyone up for a ride out round Angelsey? We have two weekends after KISS to choose from and you can choose either the Sat or the Sun. the weekends are 21/22 September or 28/29 September Should anyone want to make it a weekend thing, I will happily look into this and get prices etc, if I can be given suggestions of decent caravaning/camping parks that would accommodate a group of us. Those who just want a days riding can then pootle over and join anyone staying over. Having learnt from my first event, this time, once the route has been finalised, I will ensure that everyone gets a print out of the route, meet points, road names etc........ I will also bring string to keep us all together.....unless of course we can persuade Plumbski to wear hi-viz Once a date has been picked (hurry up, its not long) then I will get it posted to the events page.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 27/08/2013 12:49  

Im happy to make a route up, and lead all day long, but I would rather go naked than wear a hi viz. not, and it would be nice to meet Kaycat, GBNP on this one just for laugh.

Update Reply
Plumbski @ 27/08/2013 14:50  

Hey RB try Bodfan Farm campsite Rhosniegr fairly basic but the guy who runs is laid back, and its cheap. Town centre is walkable, and theres a great newly refurbished pub called the Oyster Catcher. Plus its the Windsurfing capital of the north, so theres plenty of surf bums around for GBNP

Update Reply
Plumbski @ 27/08/2013 15:04  

ollocks... I can only do the 22nd

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/08/2013 15:13  

At this point, any of those dates are good with me RB. Mike, re: the route, are you thinking of taking in Caernarfon or Portmeirion on the Snowdon part and is there a coast road the whole way round Anglesey? I've added a couple of pix of the Inaugural Meet under the Events page, gives anyone thinking of going on a run the size of the group.

Update Reply
DynamicDave @ 27/08/2013 15:33  

oooooo a naked Plumbski Might just bring a hi viz vest to see what happens Ian, keep an eye on the date and if no one has any objections then we will try for the 22nd.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 27/08/2013 16:53  

We could do them Dave, either on the way or on the way back, normally I would try to avoid big towns, 20 plus bikes in a town just don't work as we found out on Sunday. There is a good coast road all around Anglesey, with some lovely little villages Cemaes Bay for one. I assume nobody wants to go down the A55 to get there. There are loads of good A and B roads the B5105 for one (police training road) great views etc, and the B4391.

Update Reply
Plumbski @ 27/08/2013 16:56  

Are we talking camping? or B&B? sorry i couldnt make the wales run it would have been a long round trip for me, staying over sounds good!

Update Reply
fluffy @ 27/08/2013 17:17  

Check this out,
Meet jun 14 as Sunday
A494 Rhuthun
B5105 Cerrigydrudion
A5
B4501
A4212 Trawsfyndd
A470
A487
A4085 Beddgelert
A498
A4086 Llanberis
A4244
A5 Anglesey
A5025
Stop / camp ??????
A4080
Then you could bug out down the A55 or pick up A5, and do the last bit of RD route on Sunday quality roads back to Mold.phew

Update Reply
Plumbski @ 27/08/2013 17:20  

PS if you do decide to camp over, you could make it a much better route back maybe Porthmadog, Dolgellau, Bala, make a proper day, and earn your beer

Update Reply
Plumbski @ 27/08/2013 17:51  

Excellent plan, Plumbski and RB, count me in for 22nd

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/08/2013 18:42  

Sound plan Mike, I like the idea of splitting it into two parts. I know that part Trawsfynydd/Beddgelert/Llanberis, its a great run and a nice climb/drop. I for one don't want to sit on the main drag over Anglesey, anything twisty, scenic and interesting is fine. Like you say anyone only out for the day can get a straight run back on the main A5/55 headed East. A second day also gives much more time for anyone to who might want to explore in more detail (possibly).

Update Reply
DynamicDave @ 27/08/2013 19:15  

Abersoch would map a great detour for lunch maybe, loads of cafes two great pubs Tuds, and the Vaynol, watch the totty go by.

Update Reply
Plumbski @ 27/08/2013 19:29  

Yeah the 22nd sounds good...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/08/2013 19:47  

Yeah me too for the 22nd

Update Reply

And me...

Update Reply

If I/we went I'd feel obliged to visit my half cousin, Clare, not seen her in 20+ years, contacted me a while back via FB, it would be rude not to...........decisions, decisions........

RD

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/08/2013 20:23  

I'm not good at picking up hints, so just checking the 22 is ok for you Ian lol

Well you young lads are definately in charge of the routes. Once you have agreed the finalised route let me know and I wil do the handouts

Before I make too many enquiries I would like an idea of how many would like to camp/ caravaning. If you can let me know and also if you would prefer tents or caravan (price can be split with sharing)

Oh and Plumbski just need your chest size (evil snigger)

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 27/08/2013 20:49  

I havent a clue what chest size, about 40ish normally bye large if that helps, theres a picture of it on my profile, hope you are not sizing me up for a jobs worth vest RB

Update Reply
Plumbski @ 27/08/2013 21:27  

Would I do that to you ............

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 27/08/2013 21:37  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email